South Africa: World Champions RWC 2007

Major rugby fever in South Africa now. Many people are dressed in Springbok jerseys at work. Even at my kids’ play school there are SA flags outside and some of the kids have face paintings and Springbok jerseys.

Ya it’s hectic. I’m not dressed in green but I am wearing my green World Cup beanie :slight_smile: To be honest I don’t feel very feverish at the moment, feeling a bit nervous, I don’t think this will at all be a push-over match, plus there’s Wilkinson’s boot. Then again, we have a bloody good team, and I got the feeling throughout this World Cup that we were holding back a bit and not giving away all our secrets. :wink:

Well, since I work from home, there’s not much point in me dressing up :slight_smile:
Anyway, I also don’t think its a foregone conclusion that we’ll easily win. Though I’d be mighty pissed if we don’t… Come to think of it, ether way I bound to get rather pissed, afterwards :slight_smile:

INDEEED!! :D:D

In the UK people are thinking about football because we just lost to Russia, honestly, England must have a pretty thick population to keep supporting a sport we never win.

Ha ha ha, I had to laugh at this image :slight_smile: There are plenty of anti-English image floating around the www in SA at the moment.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/ebow3d/Queen.jpg

Rofl, thats pretty nasty.:yes::no:

And here’s a little joke:
England rugby practice was delayed for two hours this afternoon after a player reported finding a white powdery substance on the practice ground. Head coach Ashton immediately suspended practice while the police were called to investigate. After a complete forensic search Scotland Yard determined that the white stuff which was unknown to the players was in fact the try line. Practice was continued as police were happy the players were unlikely to encounter the substance again.

Well dude in that case SA might do well as expected, the support is absolutely HUUUUGGE! :slight_smile: Like the slogan says in that youtube vid I posted … what if 15 men had the power of a nation … and they do :slight_smile: This entire country is behind them, haven’t seen anything like this with any sport since 1995.

The UK’s got 60,000,000+ people and i’d be surprised if 10,000,000 would be watching (admitedly scotland and ireland would be so enthusiastic) but when its the football world cup the nation grinds to a halt AND WE HAVENT WON THAT WORLD CUP IN OVER 40 YEARS, HAVENT EVEN GOT TO THE FINAL. Yet for the second year in a row England make it to the final of the Rugby world cup and people are just opening their eyes to the sport, makes me sick really.

With more and more South Africans moving to England, you’ll soon have a lot of rugby enthusiasts. Oh, but then England will support the Boks :slight_smile:

14 minutes till kickoff…

Well, there you have it: we won!:yes::yes::yes:
This pic of me was taken about a minute after we won
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee68/ebow3d/RWC_2007_02.jpg

<yawn>rugby</yawn>
<yawn>football</yawn>
<w00t>WRC</w00t>
<w00t>WCG</w00t>
<w00t>Rum</w00t>

:slight_smile:

You seem tired :slight_smile:

15-6, England didn’t do bad considering we were wrote off a month ago. Nobody scored a try.

Actually, 15-6! England was no walkover, for sure. Neither was it a really great game of rugby, but then finals usually don’t have too much great play - too much pressure to win. Though, honestly, I started drinking too early, and don’t really remember that much of the game itself :spin: I’m just glad we won!

What can I say … brilliant! I agree with you ebow3d, I would’ve liked to have seen aother try from Habana :slight_smile: But hey, the boytjies are bringing the Cup home!! It is just phenominal how our entire nation stood together, the entire SA partied Saturday night … and the entire SA had hangovers on Sunday :slight_smile: I was one of them.

i was, and i still am(insomniac)! :eyebrowlift:

Good for SA - the Boks did well! Sad dat Argentina & France are in the top 4 though - if only Fiji, New Zealand or Australia were there . . . . . .