Space Ramen Shop

Another Grease Pencil intense project!

I added modifiers to the Line Art to give it more of a hand-painting feeling, like the other details (that are actually hand-drawn).

A very fun scene to work on.

Original artwork: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w0P6LY

21 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Love this piece!

Would you share advices for the Line Art setup?

I was able to get satisfiyng results with the old Freestyle, but have difficulties with the new Grease Pencil method.

Nothing very fancy, honestly.

I simply use the Collection LineArt modifier of the Grease Pencil. I tweak the settings a little bit, most especially the “edge type” section. Sometimes I allow intersection, sometimes not. I always check “material borders” as well.

I also add a Noise modifier after the LineArt modifier (on the same pencil), and make it so that the LineArt has a liiiittle bit of noise to it (otherwise the lines are too straight & clean for my taste). I uncheck “Randomize” in this case because I don’t want the LineArt noise to change.

Tout would be it, really. If a certain object requires a specific LineArt (different color, bigger lines, etc) you can add another LineArt modifier to the same pencil, apply it to the object, and change the settings accordingly.

If your scene becomes too heavy I suggest disabling the grease pencils entirely (put it in another collection and uncheck that collection), because Blender will slow down a lot.

2 Likes

This is really, really cool. Your color choices are very Moody and the cats are adorable.

Thank you anice,

it’s the same method I’m using, so i just need to tweak the parameters.

The old good Freestyle had more control unfortunately.

Cheers!

It would be great if you could share the Line Art setup, i’m struggling to obtain a similar result, but no luck yet.