Spaceship Battle Cruiser

Here’s a work in progress Battle Cruiser Spaceship. So far it consists of 4506 faces. Or, 4383 vertices. I’ve been working on it for three Earth hours now. There’s no texture in this render, although I am using Ambient Occlusion.

Attachments

Small update, it’s now 4770 faces, and has two materials. Which will be improved later.

Attachments

I think looks good. Could be improved in the texturing area. Some good texturing like squares to give a feeling of little windows on the ship, it will give the impression of a bigger ship :eyebrowlift:

Yeah, that’s true. Too bad I’m not a good texturer. Even for simple things like paneling. Hell, I don’t even know how to UV map. (I’m color blind which doesn’t help at ALL.)

Update of model… it now consists of 5098 faces. Some added weapons and details.

Attachments

When you say Battle Cruiser, do you mean like the ones from Starcraft?

Minifig: Nope, just the ones I made up. No refenrence images were used for this.

I’ve added some effects (using the Game Engine for now), to test out what it’ll look like finished. I’ve added some more detail, and it’s now 5222 faces.

Attachments

Ιt look too boxy, but it looks ok. But I think you should have pursued a more original design.

I’ve added two rotating pieces to the ship near the back engine. It’s now 5686 faces.

In the game engine screen shot - you can see some effects it might produce in the end result. Such as lasers - and rockets.

Attachments

I think it looks really good :smiley: great work! i’ve just been playing sins of a solar empire :stuck_out_tongue: and battle cruiser you’ve made would look great in there! haha!