Spaceship.

First look of new bigger work.
One spaceship render at current state and flying test render on Vimeo.

Attachments

May I suggest that you use a different background? I have seen that one in another Blender video and it’s basically the first image you get if you search “Space” on Google, so people might recognize it. Also, images with glare are hard to deal with because the spaceship covers the glare when in real life the glare overlays the spaceship. As for the ship itself, I like your concept, it looks definitely alien, you might want to put greebles down the sides.

for glare just add strong light in place where in image is… easy :smiley:

Well, yes, with glare node, and that usually is very hard to match the background image.

Thanx for the replays. The image is only temporarily for now. It is a early stage wip, i think that later will everything be different :slight_smile:

naaah wrong not glare node but add spot light in place where is glare…

That wouldn’t work.

it works acctualy because i have tested this, and if there is more problem you can remastered it in photoshop :smiley:

But it’s not at all the easiest, or best, way to go. Plus some people don’t have Photoshop. But this is getting off topic.

Adding detail to cannons.

Attachments

working with spaceship details.

Attachments

that’s cool I’m also trying to model a space scene.

Landing gear taking shape…

Attachments

Thanx.
I have been keeping eye on your spaceship project too. I like it very much. :slight_smile:
I have short animation in my mind too, but story is still developing.

I follow other threads with spaceships, too.

It would be great to start sort of teamwork with spaceships, because developing and finishing bunch of spaceships is really time consuming. Currently I don’t have any time to develop mine.

But, if we (anyone interested in BA forum) would like to start anything together, I think it would be necessary to develop solid background, overall story, ship classes and categories… Other thing is… various experience level of people…

I think it is worth to start thinking seriously about such idea :smiley:

I think that overall it is not bad idea, but it is difficult, because people have different skills, styles, visions and so on. And personally I have very little time to deal with it.

Dude, we should seriously compile all the spaceships from BA and have a star wars-type open movie project! I’ve seen like 20 spaceship threads at least, so, we would have plenty to work with.

I am presently working on my own project, I have created 8 differnet ships. I have been working out effects before I go too deep into the animation side. I am light on the texturing side of things at present. The story is still not complete, but its getting closer.

landing gear first test.