Spacesuit/Скафандр "Орел"

The “Oryol” (Russian Орел, meaning eagle) is a Ruthenian spacesuit model developed to be used for extravehicular activity for the URAN-1 mission aboard an URAN spacecraft on short spacewalks. It was developed by Karoona Inc. It is meant only for use by the URAN-1 crew and can last a maximum of 50 mins in open space.
Attempted making a “character”. Modeled and rendered in Blender. Idea and concept conceived as a tribute to the late Alexei Leonov, first spacewalker.

More at https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L20Kzr

Thumbnail

78 Likes

Looks really cool. Great job!! :star_struck:

On the first picture some details are lost, unfortunately. But on the other two pictures the suit looks stunning!

2 Likes

A true “Skyfinder” ! :slight_smile:
:wink: And now, it needs a scene – "It’s full of stars."

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Alexei Leonov wasn’t Serbian as far as I know.

Nobody said he was Serbian. The flag does resemble a Serbian flag coincidentally but in fact intended to be an imaginary country “Ruthenia”. The imaginary “concept” was conceived as a tribute, not to model the exact Alexei Leonov.

1 Like

Never mind. But I’m pretty sure it’s exactly Serbian though (:

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

Good work :+1:
:thinking: The face contrast with the spacesuit…

1 Like

I do not know how about the functionality, but the renderings I have seen and better

What a badass model Sir!!! Tryly amazing, the amount of detail and quality. Really stunning to look at. Massive thumbs up :slight_smile:

1 Like

increadible work!

1 Like