Spam in the Forums (yes it's that bad)

I am starting to see things poping up all over the forum, spam.
thay cann be seen allmost everyday (now) as you look through the “unanswered” topics. I have also seen them in the form af a reply to a thred.
these acts are being commited by someone using the “Guest” account. Theeth has told me that: “Sadly, we can’t really remove the guest posting option in the support forum, as this is the best way for people with account problem to contact us.”
this being the case, what can be done?
I have been watching as someone poluites the forums with advertisments of pronographic material and pharmaceuticals (sex and drugs). this is particularley a problem when you think back to the “age of blender users thred” and note that the majority of people veiwing the content here are between the age of 12 and 18.
so I ask again, what can be done?

“what can be done?”

give us a few seconds to catch up! we have a system to take care of it. So far the best thing that will stop them is upgrading to vbulletin. So just wait, on both the long and short term.

and pming us is pretty worthless, by the time we get it we will see the spam itself. but you can do it if you want.

Yesterday I saw one of these “ads” if you will, sitting in the unanswered section ALL DAY! I got so fed up waiting on you I sent theeth a pm. if it’s going to take that long to catch something like that, then is pming commpleetly useless? I don’t think so, afterall, it got the job done

Ease up man. You are making it sound like they are always slow with that stuff, and they aren’t. I’m sure they are fully aware of the problem and are trying to find a way to fix it. I think they are doing a great job considering they are working with such a short staff.

3-5 threads a day in only the support forum with clearly spam subjects?

is that really so annoying?

ok ok
I get the point.
sorry…GOSH!!

Ha Ha … I didn’t know what you were talking about. I never go to the support forum, just figure it’s none of my bussiness. So I guess you get what you stick your nose into. But your concern is laudable!

%<

hey,
we mods/admins have a normal life too, no one can sit here 24/7 and act like a bot…we are deleting and banning these spam/ads as soon as we can.

regards,
ztonzy - admin. (one of them)

Wow. I always thought the mods/asmins here were highly efficient programs. Now you’re telling me that you are mere mortals?
It’s like finding out about Santa all over again…

Wow. I always thought the mods/asmins here were highly efficient programs. Now you’re telling me that you are mere mortals?

They are Immortal, but that doesnt mean they dont go out and have some fun. Every now and then.
But when they do go out, they get replaced by a little toy that bobs up and down pressing on the Y button. :wink:

It’s like finding out about Santa all over again…[/quote]

what’s that about santa now?

Oh, c’mon, the spam isn’t that bad…

Yikes! Did that really happen? (I don’t check that section much).

Yes it is happening and SamAdam and ztonzy have said what we are doing about it.

BgDM