SpiderWeb

Hey Blender Artists!

I’m excited to share my latest project: a detailed spider’s web intricately woven among the branches of a tree. This piece focuses on capturing the delicate and intricate nature of spider silk, contrasted beautifully against the rugged texture of tree bark. I’ve put a lot of effort into the web’s realistic design and the subtle lighting to highlight its intricate details.

I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on how to make this scene even more realistic and captivating. Any tips or suggestions are welcome!

Add images

32 Likes

:exploding_head: Great work! I loved the look and composition of the scene. And the lens dispersion and distortion are a charm.

3 Likes

Lighting and composition looks very good. Well done.

The web seems a bit too “regular”. Maybe a bit of variation would help. The weight of the water should also drag the curves down a bit, I think.

I feel there’s too many water droplets (which, looking at references, seems to be possible), maybe reduce the ammount and let the web itself shine more. It also seems that you used a generator (geometry nodes?) for those droplets, and a lot of them are too close, which would make them collapse.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion, my friend

I really liked your perspective! Because everything is based on reality, the weight of water drops and the gravity of the earth should also be taken into account.

NICE BRO :heart_eyes:

This is amazing work!

I would agree the water droplets themselves are what makes the image “obviously” CG - I think they are too large and uniform. I’m also not sure you have the hub correctly represented, but it depends on the species and state of the web you used as reference.

I would add more variation in size and spacing. I tried a similar thing in these old renders of Walckenaeria acuminata (a species that does not spin webs, but still uses a silk dragline). I think something is still “off” in that the droplets should probably sag a little, and some would also merge rather than being perfectly isolated:

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

thanks man :v:

thank you :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Of course, there is always room for improvement, I will consider your explanations in the next works. thanks for comment

I am honored and grateful to you for featuring my work. Thank you for the recognition and support.

1 Like

thank you so much :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

Water droplets seem to big and too spherical. They would be dragging the web down a lot more.

Yes, I got it! Other friends also pointed out the same point and I will try to consider it in the next works.:pray:t2: