Spirit Train

Inspired from one of the most famous scenes in one of my favourite films, Spirited Away.
Trying to make it look hand drawn using a mix of toon shaders and freestyle was fun.
Credit for Spirited Away and the concept art for this piece goes to Hayao Miyazaki

81 Likes

Yes great inspiration film for animation, looking good great idea.

1 Like

Omg it’s an amazing film, one of the best! Thank you very much

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Love it! Have you painted textures by yourself? They are awesome!

1 Like

Great work!!! I have never seen the film (but I want to,) but the OST is the best.

1 Like

Amazing work! Love it a lot!

1 Like

This film always creeped me out. You’ve captured it very well, I’ve got the chills just looking at it.
One tiny thing: I remember the spirits face/mask as being whiter. But overall very nice/creepy!

1 Like

Awesome work well done.

1 Like

It reminded me about an another tribute video.

4 Likes

Love it - well done

1 Like

Wow, I loved the movie, and I think your piece makes it justice. Nice one!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t, I trawled the internet looking for the best ones to use. You compliment me by saying that haha! Thank you :slight_smile:

I always listen to the OST when I’m working on a fanart to really get myself in the mood :wink:

Thank you very much, pray hands in anime

Thank you!

When I was younger and I watched this film the part where the parents turn into pigs always used to scare me so much. This film has such great vibes and such a great energy and a real soul that not many films have. It is a film with a lot of chills moments in it - and thank you.

Don’t you dare compliment me that much! You’ll rise the tide of my impostor syndrome >:(

Thank you :slight_smile: