Splash Screen Submission Guidelines?

A few times somewhere in a couple hundred livestreams each running two-ish hours? No wonder I couldn’t find it. Thanks for the info!

With each new splash screen there’s a free blender file download of it – regardless of if a given person likes the splash or not, the blend file is insight into the techniques used, and often a useful resource. There’s been significant interest.

However, it’s not always immediately available. It seems like sometimes there’s miscommunication on what the intent and requirements (all CC0, nothing that can’t be freely distributed, etc) are. The topic linked at the beginning of this paragraph was started because of one such delay a few years ago re the 2.83 splash blend file, a highly-anticipated Ian Hubert work.

The upcoming splash screen is a beautiful arch-viz showing some textures that don’t look redistributable (yeah, there are free sites where artworks similiar to what’s shown on the walls can be downloaded, and those may be from one). I’m looking forward to this blend – I don’t wanna find out on the 19th that it’s gonna be delayed, or worse. So I’m curious about what’s being communicated to the splash artists. I didn’t realize this was happening privately, I thought the info was up somewhere.

Not only is Blender free/open source software the development and maintenance of which is supported in part by donations, the Blender Foundation (2002) is an independent public benefit organization – there are legal and ethical concerns that, even when it’s not required, encourage transparency. Frustrating as it can get, communicating what’s going on is part of the work.