Spot halo and transparent materials

Is there any way to make a spot halo go through a material that has and alpha value > 0. If not does anyone have any alternatives?

GreyBeard

Make your HaloStep 0.

%<

Your solution works with ztrans but unfortunately not with raytrans. I got a similar result by putting the halo spot on a different layer than the transparent block and pressing the layer button for the spot. I guess I’ll just combine a couple of renders.

GreyBeard

Aha… so your question is how to make the halo volumetrics show up inside an object. That, I’ve always assumed is what ‘ZInvert’ is for, but it does a horrible job and composting is better.

%<

Aha… so your question is how to make the halo volumetrics show up inside an object.

Yes, I’m sorry it wasn’t that clear in my explanation.
I did try the zinvert as well as flipping normals without any luck :expressionless:

Thanks for your help (I forgot to say it last time),
GreyBeard

Friend Fligh%, as an organic gardener I couldn’t help but notice the “composting” misspell. :smiley: and thought it was funny in context. Please forgive the OT :expressionless:

LOL, that’s not a misspell. It’s the word I had in mind, the one I learned here not in the cabbage patch. You had my mind jump to compositing but that somehow sounds like a Brazilian speaking Spanish so I punched “composting” into the search page and I feel somehow vindicated (my spell checker works better than Al_Capone’s maybe) to see that Greybeard is indeed familiar with the term. Now I wonder how that would translate into Spanish?

%<