Spritify

I have not tried it yet. Just looking at the comments made me cautious. I have no need for ImageMagik so that stopped me. And there are other ways of making a spritesheet out and a blender animated character.

I really should revisit this script. Pillow now works with Python3 pretty reliably now. So this should be able to be done without ImageMagick as a dependency. It’d still require installing Pillow, but that might be less of a hassle for most folks.

A VERY interesting addon. Nice work!

1 Like

I’m very happy that I found this great addon, and there is no reason to complain about any issues because it’s free to use. In fact I just signed in with this platform right now only to share my experiences with this addon and how to solve problems. I installed it both on Windows 10 and MacOS X 10.14 Mojave with ImageMagick 7.0.8.

Spritify didn’t work on both systems in the beginning. The following steps were needed to make it work:

Windows 10
While installing ImageMagick 7+, you’re asked for some options. You need to activate this option: “Install legacy utilities (e.g. convert)” (it’s deactivated by default). Otherwise the “convert” and “montage” commands in the addon can’t be executed.
(see this screenshot)

MacOS X Mojave
According to this reply, you need to specify the path to the “convert” and “montage” commands. In my case it was

"/usr/local/bin/montage"

in line 116 and

convert_path = "/usr/local/bin/convert"

in line 139.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I don’t work in Windows or Mac frequently, so it’s useful to have feedback like this. I’ve periodically considered rewriting this to use straight Python (likely using the Pillow package), but at the moment that’s a fairly low priority task for me.

1 Like

I want to thank Fweeb for all the hard work on this! :slightly_smiling_face:

The add-on has been revived and ported to blender 2.8 and it will soon support 2.9 as well (will probably start keeping different files for latest versus LTS from now on) or make good use if git’s release tags.

The new link from the repo is https://github.com/FreezingMoon/Spritify - please use it’s issue tracker from now own if you encounter any problems or have any reports, or even better, pull requests :wink:

2 Likes