Spritify

Just tried to install the addon on another system (Ubuntu 15.10 amd64, Blender 2.76b clean profile). Absolutely the same result.

Are there any solutions?..

Sorry I hadn’t seen your replies. Just to confirm some additional low-hanging fruit: When you type ‘which montage’ from the command line, what’s the path that’s returned?

Also, are all of the files in your render path just render files (that is, you’re not rendering to /tmp)?

/usr/bin/montage

No, I’m not rendering to /tmp
For rendering (and “Sprite Sheet Filepath” for png result) I point to a folder in my home directory.

I just noticed one more thing.
When I press F12, Blender starts very actively consume the RAM, until it reaches the limit of available 8 GB.
At the same time in the TMP-directory is created file “magick-*****-**********.pam” (with random characters instead of asterisks). This file is also growing very rapidly until it occupies all the available space on the system drive (about 7 GB in my case).

And there are only rendered images in that directory, right? No additional files, images, videos, etc?

There was some files in that directory. I pointed to an empty folder for rendering, and now everything works great!
Fweeb, thank you very much for your help and thanks for wonderful addon!

Hooray! Whew.

Sorry it took me so long to help you out with this. I really need to think of a better way to handle that in the code. I suppose it should check to make sure that the render files are actually there and then only use those files. If you want to file a bug report using the Issue tracker on GitHub, it would be a big help so I can fix this in the future.

Here you are:

I’m not very familiar with GitHub, so hope I was doing everything right :slight_smile:
Thanks again.

I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users od\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\spritify.py”, line 173, in execute
spritify(context.scene)
File “C:\Users od\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\spritify.py”, line 108, in spritify
os.remove(bpy.path.abspath(scene.spritesheet.filepath))
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: ‘F:\BACKUP\WEB\Dropbox\BLENDS\ ilegen\sheet\’

or this

File “C:\Users od\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\spritify.py”, line 173, in execute
spritify(context.scene)
File “C:\Users od\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\spritify.py”, line 108, in spritify
os.remove(bpy.path.abspath(scene.spritesheet.filepath))
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: ‘F:\BACKUP\WEB\Dropbox\BLENDS\ ilegen\sheet\’

spritify(context.scene)
File “C:\Users od\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\spritify.py”, line 127, in spritify
bpy.path.abspath(scene.spritesheet.filepath)])
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 560, in call
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 950, in init
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\python\lib\subprocess.py”, line 1220, in _execute_child
startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Looks like there’s a file permissions error going on. In the first one, it’s saying that the script (or, more accurately, the user running the script) doesn’t have permission to delete (or perhaps even see) the old spritesheet from the specified path on your hard drive.

The second one is a bit more perplexing because the traceback says that the system can’t find the specified file… but if the file doesn’t exist, it should never get to line 108.

Hrm…

Which version of Windows is this? Also, this might be better handled using the Issue tracker on Spritify’s Github page.

windows 7 - 64 bit.
Posted it at the github tracker. :slight_smile:

Too bad it doesnt work atm. I really had something in mind to use it with.

Issue is at line 127:

bpy.path.abspath(scene.spritesheet.filepath)])

I’m getting:

I’m new to python though, I am from nodejs so… I will be trying to see what I can do… I have no idea but yeah, if you got time Fweeb, please give this another look ty

Isolated the problem more. It has to do with the subprocess module

Doing subprocess.call([“lol”])

Even returns the same exact file not found error…

Found a fix for this issue. As I said, I’m very new to python, but change line 127 to:

bpy.path.abspath(scene.spritesheet.filepath)], shell = True)

For windows only Awesome plugin man! Make sure when you install ImageMagick too, that you install the “legacy” option as well (for montage binaries) - Or you could add the “magick montage” to the subprocess .call

Thanks for chasing this down BaalRunz! I’ll see about getting this change integrated later this evening.

Haha, thank YOU for making this awesome plugin man! This is what I get for using Windows!? :slight_smile: Jk Seriously, thank YOU!

can you post a full and fixed py script download for me here?

:spin: you look good

Has this script been updated?

Not recently. Is it broken for you?