Squelchy

Squelchy might look like an octupus, but, having 10 tenticles, he is closer to a squid.
Just a model as of yet.

C & C is welcome! Thank you.

Attachments

He looks way too spikey for organic life. Try mellowing him out a little and making things more rounded and flowing.

He looks way too spikey for organic life. Try mellowing him out a little and making things more rounded and flowing

ok. Thanks for the C & C.

I agree, try widening the verticies at the end of the tentacles a little so that they’re not so sharp. You should be able to make the tentacles more lifelike by adding armatures and bending them around a little.

i have to say blackboe i dont agree, it may be to spikey to be soft organic life, but look at a sea urchin… its organic my my god it is the most spikey creature ive ever seen.

That’s because those are spines, not tendrils. Tentacles are made out of muscle, not chitin or bone.

Maybe its because the tendrils are out straight. Why not relax them?

I have not ignored this thread. I have been re-topologising the mesh because of it’s bad topology. I have added more suckers and softened the tips of the tenticles.

Attachments

I liked the spiky tentacles better, those would have looked awesome moving around… Plus it wasn’t too sharp for organic things, go look at some small lizards’ tails and stuff.

Squechy with latice. There are still some problems due to the fact that not all the tenticles have latices. Find the two most left tenticles and the top one has the latice.

Enjoy.

Attachments

It’s actually a very nice model. And just taking the razor tips off help a lot.

Also, lattices are a pain to rig. :stuck_out_tongue: