Stage Lighting/Backstage Scene

Hey all!

As event technician I have a lot of free time during this corona thing. So I decided to dive deeper into blender and started to create a trailer for my company.

The idea behind the trailer is that the crystaly light thing (in the image in the bottom left corner) is flying through the different depatments and stages a event has during the build phase.

The image is one frame of the hole animation where the most important parts are seen.

It would love to here some thoughts and feedback on this.

Especially the lighting-beam of the fixtures is way of from that what i would consider as “real”. But I am stuck with tweeking the material of the beam-cone because I don’t know what to change so that it looks better.
The beam is simply a stretched cylinder with a material that mixes a emisson shader and transparent shader with a fresnel node as fac input. I used a tutorial “How to create fake light cones”, from linolafettatnet, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTbXFH1a4BM.
Since I use Eevee, I can not just use a light-source as light or the lense of an fixture with in emission shader. Especially becaue the light-beam doesn’t start in a single point but starts at the lense of the fixture as area.
Volumetric lighting is also not the easiest thing to do :confused: I hoped I explaned it proberly so that it is clear what the problem is.

Also the cases and all other assets in the dimmer city (how it is called) seem to me way of and kind of wierd. But, again, I’m stuck on this.

Maybe some scratches on the cases would help?

Would love to hear you thoughts!

Have a great day!

Leo

2 Likes

Hi Leo,

Wish you found a response for this, I’ve been looking for a decent solution to this as well since I picked up blender about a year ago. I too work in Event production and this would come in handy for Pre-vis, etc.

I was wondering if you found a better solution so far?

Best,
Russel