Star Trek Voyager WIP

I “finished” the modeling phase of this project several moths ago (not really) and got hung up on texturing it. I have a very particular way I want to UV unwrap it that I am having trouble managing.

And this is partially what I mean about not really being done with the modeling. When you model the voyager, then you just have to model the Aeroshuttle that docks with it…

And then when you are mostly done with the Aeroshuttle you want to have animations with the rear shuttle bay… and that means you need to model it and the shuttles that go in it… which I have not done yet…

3 Likes

Lookin’ good so far… can’t wait to see how far you push it. :+1:

1 Like

Starting to UV unwrap and add materials to this project. I wanted the UV’s to flow a specific way, which was increadibly challenging to do on the model with it’s previous geometry, so I removed all the window cutouts, retopologized the model, unwrapped the model, and then started to add the window cutouts back in using the knife tool and edge slide, which are tools that UVs will automatically update for.

I previously attempted to cut the windows out with booleans, but I was having problems with adding a bevel to the modifier stack (flipped normals and all that).

4 Likes

Is this still being worked on?

Did you encounter the same issue with regards to the normals following the surface flow (cutting stuff in later as opposed to earlier)…

It looks really detailed and I was wondering if you also intend to Retopologize for a lowpoly Variant with baked BPR materials.
I’ve started porting back some Star Trek Models for the game Elite Force 2 and 1 - can’t find any Voyager model that suits those games and where the author is still working on things.

It’s a true beauty so far - also checked out your YouTube channel - cool stuff!

Thanks! Most of my projects are “still” being worked on, it’s just whenever I decided to get back to it. I’m spending my Blender time on an F-302 model at the moment. I can’t believe I haven’t checked Blender Artists in so long.

1 Like