Steam gets in your eyes

I’m happy to share the second artwork I made for my entrance exam to a CGI course. The theme for the artwork was “Sad meeting in a beutiful environment.”, so I thought about making a farewell-meeting in a steampunk-ish world. I gave it all with this one, and I must say I’m very happy with how it worked out. All done in blender, exept for the two persons ofc: that’s me and my awesome mother (<3) roleplaying.

(PS. for the one who cares, the name “Steam gets in your eyes” is a pun on the song “Smoke gets in your eyes”, which is about the hardship of breakups. And the change of “smoke” to “Steam” is ofc referring to that the image takes place in a Steampunk-ish environment. I’m usually quity cringy coming to puns, but I thought this one was at least a bit clever)

53 Likes

Nice environment

1 Like

4 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

Nice art. I like the train design most. Especially front light and front part of the train is awesome!

1 Like

Glad to hear it!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

No way! That’s awesome! Thanks!
Have a great weekend you too!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss
Steam is in my eyes too rn

Oooooh NOW I get it!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Feeling so smart but yet dumb for figuring it out so late lol.

Whaaaaaaa for real?? Haha that’s a dream coming true. I can’t express enough how happy that makes me. Thank you!

I knew something was missing… check it out with some clouds added to the sky:

1 Like

Your additions really make it pop! Great work!

1 Like