Steampunk - Airplane thing

Well, I’ve started with the engine. Though I’ll admit it might be a little to clean for a diehard steampunk. I’ll se what I can do about balancing it out with a slightly more rugged airfoil etc.

This just sort of came to me… I ignored it… then it came to me again… and now it came round again and I was in the right place to start something.

A bit if C&C wouldn’t be out of place.

Attachments

Cool work. I like the feel that the materials give to it. No critic from me at this point. Looking forward to updates.

Well I envisioned the wings sectioning in order to extend. Sort of another way of doing flaps, but then I also added flaps…

This is a work in progress… so if I get a good idea of another way to do thing,s I might take that up instead.

Attachments

So I was thinking that I didn’t completely like the wing… a little to modern and such. so I decided to add another wing… The cockpit is still a mystery… let alone the other plane parts.

Attachments

why is nobody responing? This is cool.

Well, I’ll admit I’ve not done much… but I’ve taken steps to put a cockpit in. As it remains a work in progress, I may find a redesign needed.

Attachments

It looks aazing so far, but one thing, it almost feels as though it’s upside down. Like the wing should be on top with the engines underneath. It just looks kinda odd.
But other wise amazing stuff man. (I wish I could do stuff like this!)

i love this, very cool

Looks great so far (i love those engines!), but i agree with maul2, the centre of gravity should be below the wing, not above, unless you want the thing to crash every time it flies!

nice valves…i remember halflife games

Since I’ve now got some free time again… I think I’ll start putting in work on this again

Attachments

The fuselage is pretty bland; needs details.

I’d push those little propellor blades forward a bit, so you can counter rotate them, which might require a large clockwork gear or two sticking out of the engine fairing…

Cool look. :smiley: I likee.

i like!!!