Steamy and Puck

Hi, this is my latest project. I’ve put both images because I wasn’t able to choose. All done in Blender 2.79 except the flash lightning (made in after effects), 400 samples and denoiser. I wanted a steampunk universe, I changed many things and here it is. I made the robot inspiring myself with a character (from the Daniele Montella’s Steam Force) found on the web. I created all other elements, looking tutorials or images on the web. Hope you’ll like it. :grin:

7 Likes

this is an amazing work,
i like the detals that you give to this scene, the grass and the tow characters

the meatalic materils looks to glossy , for a steamy environment, it should be more rusty than glossy
i thing you shouldv add something with the horizon , i dont know maybe some mountens

and also i am nut sure which is the beast, i think thy are both great

I wouldn’t know which one to choose either… I have the exact same problem when I do more than one version of my works. The B&W one look to me like a film noir scene… But in the other we can see the details better. I liked them both.

Thanks for your feedback alf0, the grass is made with the free addon, then I changed colors and scales. It’s very useful. You’re totally right about the steamy environment, it should be rusty but with bronze too. For the horizon I tried to put some mountains but they didn’t convince me (there are some hills if you look closely (on the left) but it’s not obvious, I agree !!) maybe it’s a question of scale ??
I love both images too for different reasons !!! Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks fot the feedback Ed_Fagues, It’s exactly the point for the BW image it’s like in a film noir and I love it. And you’re right for the details on the other one. Il like them both too :grinning:. Cheers.

1 Like

I actually like the black and white version more :slight_smile:

Everything’'s possible in art :blush::blush:. Thanks for your advice.

I typically like Black and White photos better, however in this case I think you did an amazing job with the shaders.

I like the color one better.

Thanks icyou520, I really appreciate the compliment about the shaders because they took me a great time. And thank you for your opinion.