Steel Concept Car

Hi guys, here is my last render of my concept car :slight_smile: :

http://www.rootscore.org/~blenderclan/html/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/10001/SteelConceptCar_1024x768.jpg

Itā€™s pure Blender juice, and was rendered in 2560x1960 OSA5 AO8 in about 2 days ( %| ) on this config : Pentium4A 2GHz, 1Go DDR-RAM, linux 2.6, bf-blender CVS pre-2.34 (intel optimized) :expressionless: This special render resolution is for over-renderingā€¦resizing was done with GIMP (with bicubic algorithm).

So, C&C are welcome :wink:

TWO DAYS?! :o

It had better be a worthwhile imageā€¦ checkā€¦ yep, it is! :smiley:

What a render!! :smiley:
2 days of rendering? itā€™s astonishing :o !
I like a lot the model; I already saw this picture on the BlenderClanā€™ homepage .
But I think that talking about there should give you more pride, isnā€™t it?

Wow, this is great, you should consider entering the next F1 challenge (I think thereā€™s one every spring, but I may be wrong).

Usualy itā€™s nice to see some effort put into building a full scene. But here I think the environment takes away from the vehicle.

Lighting and reflections make it hard to grasp the actual form of it.

But Iā€™m sure you could achieve a truly great rendering based on that model, by choosing a more dramatic perspective and a simpler surrounding.

I agree.

the only thing I can see that could be wrong with that render is that it is too awesome :smiley:

Nice!

Cough Render OverKill /Cough

It looks nice(and i mean very nice), buti dont think it is detailed to need the high of a resolution

Love it! Beautiful detailed model, well rendered, sweet environment.

My goshā€¦ have you ever stopped to listen to all us geeks? ā€œThis special render resolution is for over-renderingā€¦resizing was done with GIMP (with bicubic algorithm).ā€ Wow, it sounds like weā€™re making up big words. Bicubic algorithmā€¦ haha

Long live Blender!

Heh. Nice render. As I suppose it had damned well better be after two days, eh? Youā€™re a more patient person than I. If my render isnā€™t done overnight I get grumpy. I suppose this would be a rather awful time to point out that your textures are stretched on the ring thing around the shipā€™s base, but heck. They are. Nice job.

Oki thx for all your reactions, itā€™s time to answer now :slight_smile:

ShunSquall : Yep in a way, sure posting my work here is a mean to be pride aboutā€¦but just keep in mind that for me, the most important is to know whatā€™s wrong in this render. Iā€™ve worked a lot for it, and I just wanna progressā€¦

thorwil & R2Blend : yeah, I understand what you meanā€¦ But for me the ambiance is more important than the volumetric understanding :wink: What you have to understand is that my scene is not supposed to be a simple presentation of an object (here the concept carā€¦).

Fonix Wircs : aw, your reaction just means that youā€™ve misunderstood what the over-rendering is :wink: So, here is an explanation. The goal of over-rendering is to done anti-aliasing with an image manipulation program (such as The GIMP). You just have to done rendering with a high resolution (like mine : 2560x1960) and then, you have to resize it in the GIMP. So why ? Just to be ok about Blenderā€™s OSA (wich is so buggy ! %| ) and to gain about render time (with some scenes wich are full raytraced). For more information, just check out www.blenderman.org

Alex : aw sorry for this vocabulary wich sounds technicā€¦itā€™s just about some details about HOW I made this pic. No problem if you donā€™t understand it :-?

For the others : thx for your reactionsā€¦itā€™s good to know that your work is sometimes appreciated.

Continue to C&C !!
Cheers,

wow! great modeling! i cant belive it took 2 days to render. my longest render was 6.5 hours.

:o

2 days to render that is unbelivableā€¦I think image needs a lot more detail if your going to spend 2 days rendering, sorry :-?

The car design is cool though, good job on that :slight_smile:

Mystery

2 days to render that is unbelivableā€¦I think image needs a lot more detail if your going to spend 2 days rendering, sorry

This is certainly due to this : 2560x1960 OSA5 AO8 (and Iā€™ve one only computer, so I listen to music, surf, compileā€¦when itā€™s rendering, so)

Cheers,

I could render that in 20 min, no probā€¦

what machine you runnin?

Nice pic mind you

I could render that in 20 min, no probā€¦

Heheā€¦have you a cluster, man ? :smiley: The scene was full raytraced in Blender, 2560x1960 OSA5 AO8, on this machine : Pentium4A 2GHz, 1Go DDR-RAM, linux 2.6, bf-blender CVS pre-2.34ā€¦but as Iā€™ve said before, itā€™s my only one machine so I used it as usual when the scene was rendering (music, surf, compilation, some (small) render tests for pre-2.34 new featuresā€¦).
The big part of rendering is my conceptā€¦and where Blender was really slow to render was the bezier parts (are bezier so hard to compute ?? :expressionless: ).

Cheers,