Stepped Field landscape project

Hi, I just finished this landscape project, used @GeoScatter for the scattery stuff, @TrueVFX TrueSky for the misty bits and some AmbientCG textures along with a few simple ones I made. First image is final Blender model, precedent image below it.

Mists sure can be fussy… how great woud it be if there was an option in Blender to actually erase areas of mist volumes manually.

Come to think of it I wouldn’t be at all suprised if there already is and I just don’t know about it… if anyone knows of a way by all means please share!

Thanks to @GurjasStudios for some great photoshop tweaks that helped dial in the final image.

Blender Render:

Precedent image:

55 Likes

Beautifull! I prefer the light of the second one!

3 Likes

Looks good! Great job on recreating that photo.

I think this render could use some post-processing to match the precedent image more. I tried this in photoshop and here’s the result:

8 Likes

Very impressive! Congratulation

1 Like

Your photoshop skills are clearly better than mine! Can you give me a general rundown on what you did? This mist looks way better in your version. Feel free to DM me if you prefer, really hoping to hear from you on this

1 Like

First off all I added a camera raw filter to the image and adjusted stuff there (like making the grass yellow-ish etc.), that got me 90% of the way there. I also desaturated the sky.
Then I add a gradient on the top half of the image and turned the opacity down. That’s basically all I did.

Here’s the photoshop file if you want: (can’t post it here since there’s an upload limit) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1seJ6ZrC4uuGZCpkf91BUthwHsGxQg2pa/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hey thanks for the response! That’s really interesting, I had initially had this thing a lot more desaturated but chickened out on that. Really appreciate the input thank you again and thanks for the file.

I just reposted this on insta btw, tagged you there.

1 Like

No worries, glad to help! Yes I saw your post on insta :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Agreed me too

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article for this breathtaking artwork!

Do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the step-by-step process of creating the artwork and provides insight into landscape making in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

1 Like