STILL need help with textures...

You don’t have to extract files to view them??

You don’t have to extract files to view them??

Try it!

ChaosTiger (You have chosen the perfect nic), take a deep breath and slow down. As I said, in my sig are links to the docs (they’re also on the homepage here, on blender3d.org and on blender.org). You don’t need a supercomputer to get them: click on the PDF link and when it’s opened find the “Save” icon @ top left and you can read it at your leasure. There are excellent tutorials in there that walk you thru the interface, how to add objects, materials, textures, how to render and save your work. It’ll save you lots of adrenaline.

%<

(thank you) I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to get back to this site… this computer was obsolite when I got it… It has a pentium 1 proscessor, and very little memory left, so it won’t let me download anything else. now, can you please help me with my first question?

is anyone here?

1. Textures are assigned to materials so to have 2 textures on different parts of the mesh you need to have two materials. The first material you assign will occupy all the verts of the mesh. In F9, the Links and Materials tab will display this in the Links Inddex box as 1:Mat:1. To add another material index click “New” and the index will change to 2:Mat:2 which means 2 materials indexed and you are viewing index 2. Click the arrow on the left and it will change to 2:Mat:1 which means you are viewing index 1 (the original one).
    In the 3D window Tab into edit mode and select the verts that you want to assign to the second index (2:Mat:2) and click “Assign” which will assign the new material to index 2. If you have given your materials unique colors and good names you can now go to the materials buttons (F5) and click the 2 in the Materials datablock and make it Single user, and change to 1st index and do the same. The name and color will show as you change the index.
    If this is assigned wrong you can go to F5 and from the materials datablock and change the index there, delete the material with X and assign the correct one from the menu (up/down arrows).
    Now you can select which material you want (which area of the mesh) and assign a texture to that and it will only map to verts occupied by that material.
    About the “skew” texture; you’ll have to explain better what it is you mean by skew: stretched, slanted, tilted, 90deg off…

%<

thank you for the explanation. I’ll try that right now…

the image in the preview window is slanted about 30%

If you’re using a .bmp it’s a known problem, just change it to .tga or .jpg.

%<

Alright, thanks for the help.