STILL need help with textures...

I admit, I’m new to blender, and to this forum. I understand modeling and animations in blender, I just don’t understand anything about the texture mapping. Can someone give me a link that will help?

What exactly do you want to learn? Procedurals? Images? UV mapping? Look for some texturing tuts on the internet.

well, I understand how to add a texture or a color to an entire object, but how do you add a texture to just a few faces on an object instead of the entire object?

I think I agree with that statement…

Add a texture to the object. Then go into edit mode and select all the verts. Then click F9. Look under the Links and materials window. Click on New. Then click F5. Press the X next to the material name and add a new material. Then add a new texure. Then click F9 again. Unselect all the verts. Then select the ones that you want the new texture to show on. Then click on Assign.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the help, I’ll try it now. oh, and your avatar looks awesome… 8)

Cool 3ds max texture tut if ur interested: http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/totaltextips/totaltextips_1.asp

Thanks for the link, and for your help… but blender just locked up… apparently I subsurfed too much… I hate this computer

[quote=“ChaosTiger”]

I think I agree with that statement…[/quote]agh… I definitely agree with that statement…

I tried what you said to do, but it still assigns it to the whole object instead of just the ones I want…

Do yourself a favour and read my sig. Go to the Documentation links and download the PDF’s then get the “BasicTraining” file and you’ll be on your way.

%<

I can’t download anything onto this computer… my computer locks up and it takes a while to get it back up to speed… I’m suprised I even got blender to work on this computer.

And even if I could download it, I can’t unzip it…

You don’t need to unzip it. Rightclick on the zipfile and choose Explore, then doubleclick on the .blend and it will open Blender with the file loaded.

%<

all right, I’ll try it…

just as I thought, my computer will not let me download the file…

just in case you didn’t know…

if you find that your computer crashed before you can get a smooth mesh using subsurfaces…

there is a button in the [edit buttons], [links and materials], and at the bottom will be a [set smooth] button…

render, and your faces will be smoothed

(try this with a 32X32 UVSphere)

just thought you would like to know…

~Delta

Thank you for the tip.

and another problem I have had, when I try to add an image texture, the image comes out skewed, and I can’t get it to come out right…

is anyone still here? I can’t download the file, and I still haven’t had my questions answered.