Still: Room Visualisation

Hi. After reading this thread and the Tutorials linked in it, i’ve decided to try these techniques out…

Thats what came out (but still blending):
http://mitglied.lycos.de/Crawl2/forumbilder/room_vis.jpg

There are 208 Lamps in it - most of them used to fake shadows (negative lamps). I’m also using the glow-plugin.

Bigger version: CLICK

Best regards, Kriech…

wow thats pretty awesome, great work dewd :smiley:

Beautiful athmosphere !
Nothing exagerated.

208 lamps ! Ouch !

Rendering time/CPU data available ?

Sometimes I’d like the images to come out a bit crisper.
What did you use as OSA/Gauss settings (if you are using the latest build of 2.31a) ?

Jean

Very nice. I’ve yet to use the tutorials myself, but I’m glad to see they did help and inspire someone.

Hi, thanks for comments.

@IamInnocent:
The rendering time is only 6 - 6,5 minutes on a Athlon XP @2ghz / 512MB RAM.
I haven’t tried the Gauss option - these images were both rendered with 16x OSA

I’m using the 24.12. CVS…

BTW: Most of the lamps are behind the heater, to fake the shadow. 8)

NICE! I love these sort of “sunny-outside-dark-inside” renders. Lighting isi great

Crits:
The door knob seems to be a little high up on the door…could be just me.
Maybe some more furnature. chair, couch, table, etc.

dante

That’s encouraging.
I’m busy trying to become a decent Gimp user but I’ve done quite a bit of architectural work myself. As soon as I can free the right to them (belonging to my clients) I’ll share.
Are you in some way in the architectural field ?

I haven’t tried the Gauss option - these images were both rendered with 16x OSA

I liked it until now : nice to set OSA to 5 and let Gauss at 1. It might solve the aliasing on the horizontal parts on the inside of the window.

I’m using the 24.12. CVS…

That’s that latest AFAIK.

BTW: Most of the lamps are behind the heater, to fake the shadow. 8)

Interesting. Since I was coming from POV-Ray all that ‘faking’ buisiness was sooo confusing to me in the first times : since then I’ve abandoned all hope of logic in lighting but now there’s RT…

Thanks again for sharing.

Jean
[/quote]

1. No… i am 16 Years old :wink: , i am just a bored pupil %|
  2. It would be great if you share your work! 8)

Thanks for comment.

The door knob isn’t finished yet - i’ll change his position as soon as i got a clue what i’m missing there (keyhole or something like that) :-?

BTW: I don’t know if i should add furnature - i like the “cold” room with the “warm” lighting. It looks like freshly leaved (i hope you understand what i’m meaning - my english isn’t the best :frowning: )

Like somebody just moved out : you English is excellent.

There are ergonomic standards for dimensions of architectural elements, furniture and the like but they vary from country to country and from time to historic time. I am a cabinetmaker by trade and, frankly, I don’t care for those standards since I use Blender. I simply make a dummy, like they have in art schools, which is simply rigged and has the body measurements of my client(s). Then I drag it across the room, see if it can reach places without stretching or bending unduly, etc…

Jean

:expressionless:

Thats an interesting technique :o

BTW: I think i’ll put the door knob in hight of the horizontal board. :expressionless:

I agree with what your saying…but you may like it if you gave it a try…

but its your project :slight_smile:

dante

Very impressive. I love how realistic the lighting is. Very nice work.

i’ll think about it… :wink:

@bitrock
If you would know how primitiv the Lightsetup is, … you would laugh :smiley:

EDIT:
Update :wink:
OSA: 8
Gauss: 1

I’ve replaced the door knob.

bigger version: CLICK

Best regards, Kriech! :wink:

Hi!

It’s a really nice image, but I think it’s a little too ‘clean’. You might want to consider that:

1. no plastered wall is ever 101% ‘straight’, there are always curves and bumps, especially around doors and windows.
  2. your excellent door and window clashes with the sqeaky clean floor and ceiling, and the floor is way too reflective. Add a dirt maps and reduce the shine.
  3. if you add a bevelled wood plinth to the bottom of your walls, the room will look more like a room and less like the inside of a textured 3D cube.
  4. you could add a particle system in the light beam for dust ‘mist’.
  5. you could add some bumps to your wall and wallpaper peeling here and there.
  6. for dramatic effect you could add one other object like a crumpled paper or a setup of paint tins and rollers/brushes. Something do break up the expanse of the floor.

I think this might turn out to be one of the best atmospheric renders I’ve seen done in blender, I would not be surprised that if you place it on cgtalk.com with some extra work, you’ll get a bunch of stars :slight_smile:

Hi avi…

-1. Is there any way to blurr the reflections of the raytracer? I think this could help to “destroy” the clean look of the floor.

-2. The wood plinth is in my mind since i’ve started this scene but i’ve forgot it every time - but now i’ll write it down on a sheet of paper (kind of to-do list) writewritewrite :wink:

-5. The object could be a carton… i’ll write it down too :wink:

interesting suggestions, thanks. I’ll post an uptade as soon as possible.

You could try using a bump map.