Stitching video clips using the video editing feature

How do I stitch video clips (attach the beginning of the ‘second’ clip to the end of the ‘first’ clip) using the video editing feature of Blender ? Please forgive if this subject has been discussed before; I am new to this forum and don’t know what is what yet.

Jesse Lee

@JesseLeeOtis
You can right click to select the video layer then press “G” to grab. Then you can move it into place. If you hold shift while moving it then it will move in smaller increments. “Shift+S” will snap the beginning of the selected clip to the selected frame number you currently are at as well.

Thanks. Won’t I need to grab & move the audio layer too ?

On another note, can you recommend a good YouTube tutorial on the video editing feature of Blender ? I like the Teachers.TECH tutorials - but I cannot find one on Blender.

Jesse Lee

Yes, most all of the blender hotkeys have the same use in the other parts of blender. So if you select the movie layer then hold shift and select the audio layer you can move both at the same time.

I am sorry I can’t help further, the video editor of Blender I really don’t mess with as I use a different software for post work and NLE

Thanks for the reply and info.

I dabbled in DaVinci Resolve for video editing – but it has so many bells & whistles that I got lost.

Jesse

Here is a great series of tuts on the VSE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEIkIrYQYYY&list=PLjyuVPBuorqIhlqZtoIvnAVQ3x18sNev4

And yes you have to select both the video and the audio strips to move as they are not linked objects (don’t ask it drives me nuts too).