"Stone Age Hunting Tribe" - Model 10

Halfway there… 10 done, 10 more to be done…

5 Likes

Nice fur. Handsculpted?

Jop… hand-sculpted… I am trying to find a more efficient way to do it via VDM or texture brushes, but I am not happy with the results so far… so I am doing it the hard way… those smaller ones take more than an hour each… and that is with dynamic music and “Zohan” like mind state… you know… like that movie… “Zohan” :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Świetna robota panie Józefie!

I really like the attention to detail in the clothing and hairstyles, and although some poses do look a little less dynamic, it’s still a stellar effort! Especially because it’s hard to find good prehistoric human figures. I would know, because I stumbled upon this topic searching for stone age hunting party models I would be able to use for wargaming. And I have to say, those are the best looking 3d printable stone age humans I’ve seen!

Are you planning to continue the series?

Also, any chance you’d be willing to share those models? I would love to tweak them a bit to work in 15mm scale and print the lot… I would have asked this in a private message, but as I’m a new user, it seems I can’t send PMs yet :neutral_face:

But feel free to PM me if you’d prefer (as we could also speak Polish there, as I think you’re Polish too based on your username).

Dzienkuje Bardzo… :smiley: however I needed to google how to write it down because I am from Slovakia, but close to your border. (I think I have Polish ancestors…) It is still a work in progress my friend… maybe I can share the obj files of those, or Zbrush files. However they are incomplete, I did build a small workshop for resin printing and finally just last month bought a resin printer. I did find out that my models are not properly sculpted for resin printing. There are a lot of gaps, the geometry is just too pointy and it is a lot of work to do… currently, I have a ± calibrated printer, maybe slightly overexposed, I am slowly reworking the models to be printable. Currently, I have 11 models sculpted + one is in Zbrush detail mode. And I am trying to make the first model printable(actually is model 8, because I think it is the hardest to print), in 32 and 75-mm scales. If you don’t plan to sell them I am willing to share the files. In return, u will share your 15 mm models with me so I can use them. Right now it looks like I will need to rework every one model(and that will be a lot of work) so you will not have the final version if you take them now.

Have a good day

Jožo

Ospravedlňujem sa za nedorozumenie (had to use google translate too, as with all the Solvaks I met we used kind of half-Slovak, half-Polish when talking to one another :laughing:). It was late at night and it didn’t even occur to me that Kubica could be a last name in other Slavic languages :man_facepalming:

I think the gaps are a pretty common side effect of digital sculpting - I see some of that in the models online. I’m not a sculptor myself (I got into 3D printing through CAD, but I do plan on learning some sculpting later this year), but I do a lot of digital kitbashing (where you cut up models and use bits and pieces to make new ones) which tends to leave gaps like you describe. So I’m somewhat used to “fixing” models to make them watertight/printable.

If you don’t mind not fixing them manually, there are few ways to make them printable with couple clicks using free software. As long as the gaps are tiny/invisible there shouldn’t be any loss of quality. Happy to walk you through the ways I found how to do it :slight_smile:

As for the files, I would love to get the obj files (as I don’t have Zbrush) and have a crack at making 15mm scale minis. I can even try my hand at making them printable in 32 and 75mm if you’d like. Because for 15mm I would need to make the proportions much more “heroic” (bigger head, bigger hands, generally thicker body - this kind of thing) so they would work on such small scale.

But I’m happy with the “unfinished” models, as I’m pretty sure I can make them printable from obj. Especially if the parts are not “merged” so I’d be able to move the clothes/hair/etc. independent of the body, but even if they are merged, it should be doable.

And of course I’m happy to share the 15mm versions with you! I’m not going to sell, or even share the models with anyone else - I just want more variety for my own tabletop setup :slight_smile:

If you want, you can always email me directly - my email is my username (at) gmail.

I did send you an email. Please respond to that so I know that I did it correctly. My email address is [email protected] if I didn’t solve your email address correctly.

1 Like

Got your email - responded to it just a while ago :slight_smile: