Stop War ... Me and Banksy

So wayyy back in 2011 here in my hometown I attached, with double sided tape, the word WAR underneath a stop sign at the exit of a very affluent community.

Last Dec., 2023 Banksy used the same theme, ha!

Better late than never.

:black_heart: :black_heart: :black_heart:

5 Likes

given that OP used double sided sticky tape, and on the post, not the sign itself, i would hope that the vandalism charge would not be enforced, it certainly wouldnā€™t hereā€¦ no different really than the ā€˜yard saleā€™ signs that pop up in the same places. unless OP hit each and every sign in townā€¦ then that might raise an eyebrow or two, and cause the ā€œmake an example ofā€ bit. lol

on the banksy one, wherever that is probably would make substantially more money auctioning off that sign than fining banksy. :smiley:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a four-way stop in my town where a slow backroad intersects a decently fast long straightway- someone sprayed over the ā€œfour-wayā€ part of the stop sign on the fast side. Simple, but effective :sweat_smile: Stop signs are a great way to send a message

3 Likes

There was actually a case in my hometown many years ago where a guerilla artist starting sticking wireframe pieces into the ground along various streets (in the shape of angels and other figures), and the city later removed them even though residents liked seeing them and the only purpose was to beautify certain patches of ground.

I do not think any charges were filed, but I am just saying that legalese is a complex language that does not always make sense. I am not opposed to calling for global peace (as we have way too many conflicts firing up now), just do it peacefully and in a way that respects your neighbors.

aye, iā€™d expect the same, just the removal of the sticker if someone complains or a city employee notices it and can be bothered to get out of their car to do so. :smiley: but doing the paperwork for what most people view as a very minor offence oft-times just isnā€™t worth it.

and i fully agree that legalese doesnā€™t often relate to common sense. :smiley: women here are legally not allowed to spit on the sidewalks, and no one is allowed to race their horses on specific streets, according to stuff we still have on the books. the former is no longer enforced, and the latterā€¦ well, no one does that as racing on pavement is not good for the horses (ignoring the traffic on the road). :smiley:

Why not try saying something positive and constructive about the artwork instead of complaining about everything that crosses your path? Peace is good. Art is cool. Life is better when you see it on the positive side

3 Likes

War back in 2011 was a different one than of 2023.

War never changesā€¦

1 Like

As we know nowā€¦ even chimps go into warā€¦

ā€¦andā€¦ humans arenā€™t betterā€¦

ā€¦justā€¦ more effectiveā€¦

:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Happy New Year, all :sunglasses:

Really find the little war sticker in the OP quite appealing - the double entendre is irony personified.

I mean at least the road traffic sign is not riddled with bullet holes, that I often see traveling through outback AUSā€¦

2 Likes

This poor sign post was littered with staples from all those never ending yard sale ads, lost cat alerts, roof repair ads, etc.,etc., signage ā€¦ sometimes up for a week at a time.

The affluent folks finally convinced the city that that country-esque wood post had seen enuff ā€˜promosā€™. Few years back it was torn down and replaced by a concrete slab base with an aluminum framed post stop sign with a pedestrian and bike crossing and traffic camera.

Progress!

2 Likes