Storage Device

Another project of mine, or should i say projectS.
As always i like to overcomplicate things, i started simple, modeling a Micro card reader, and adding all the little details, even the ones you cannot see in the renders above.

so, since yuo can’t see all the details in the render above, here’s a render with only the USB Adapter!!

Not satisfied with this, I also decide to model the entire Keyboard myself (yes, the one in the background of the first render), adding even more details to it. I was using my real keyboard, a Cooler Master Master Keys Lite L as a reference.
Here’s the render!!

Hope you like all this nonsense work!!

If you want to see more, here’s my Instagram

47 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, I am impressed of how incredible this work is. Especially tiny details up to even little hair and dust particles on the surface. 10 / 10.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, i really appreciate it!!!
i’m glad you noticed all the little details!!

Thanks!

LOVE seeing your work and the details you put into them, as its something I’m always trying to head towards with my renders.

1 Like

Thanks so much @SAuchterlonie, really glad you appreciate all the little details i put in this one!!

1 Like

Love the little details as thats what makes them look so good!

We could chat details/techniques/etc offline if you fancied? Always good to get encouragement/feedback and work with others.

1 Like

Yeah I would love to, hit me up on Insta whenever you want!!!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Insane.
Phantastic materials, absolute bonkers. How do you add those dust particles and tine little lints?

1 Like

Saw this in my Twitter feed and just thought:
“Hmm, why is someone showing their USB drive”
Took me a moment to see it was posted by “blender artist”

Well done it fooled me :saluting_face: :smirk:

This looks really good! Perfect imperfections. Is this Cycles?

Thanks so much, really glad you like it!!!

For the dust and little hairs particles i actually modeled really simple models acting as dust (icospheres) and hairs (curves converted to mesh), and then scattered them around with a basic particles system!!

Everything you see here was modeled by hand by me, the final render is done in Cycles!!

Nice! I like the dust details. Renderings do look good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, really glad you like it!!

Ah, when I reread this it appears I’m rude. :man_facepalming:
It isn’t, it’s an (albeit poorly worded) compliment
of how photoreal your work is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No prob, I understood it was a compliment!!!
Really glad you like it!!

1 Like