Strange Building

Stylized scene that I started a while back to test a geometry nodes setup to create buildings. It got a bit out of hand, decided to call it finished for now.

Some info about the project:

• Everything is done in Blender, except for two textures I painted in Photoshop and used for all the materials
  • Almost every part of the scene is created with some geometry nodes setup, I think I might be addicted
  • Lighting is done with the Physical Starlight and Atmosphere addon
  • Rendered in Cycles

All feedback is welcome!

Normal render / Render with compositing

Workbench render

Thumbnail

62 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart!

1 Like

Looks lovely! Would you be willing to give an overview of your geometry nodes approach for the house?

1 Like

Thanks! It’s still a work in progress, I want to improve some aspects and then I will probably make a breakdown. However I don’t think it’s going to be anytime soon

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful artwork!!
How did u do the textures to look like this? is there any filter that you applied in PS or anything?

1 Like

Amazing, thanks Bart!

1 Like

Thank you!
All materials use a single handpainted texture, similar to a grunge texture. That texture is then modified in shader nodes to get different colors and surfaces.
There is no post processing in PS, but I used Blender’s compositor to add a blue tint to the shadows and a glow around the emissive elements.

1 Like

It’s lovely! I like the style. A tiny detail - the ropes of the crane seem to flow in the wind, but no wind in the grass. Not that it matters, really.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, the grass has a slight animation but the movement of the ropes implies a much stronger wind. Thanks for the feedback!

You’re very welcome! :grinning:

1 Like