Strange site behaviour with now updated Vivaldi but not on older Firefox

Somehow form me (Linux Debian, Vivaldi 6.1.3035.302 ) the site doesn’t
For example the left side with Categories and also the top left avatar menu “doesn’t” work… but on the right side the “actual” posts do…

Doesn’t work meand “not at all” or inifinte loading… (there was somethign about this the other day ?).

It does work in an (in fact older version of ) Firefox… and i noticed that for Vivaldi the first one is an error… an the second a warning… for FF bth are just warnings:

content.js:60 The Content Security Policy directive 'upgrade-insecure-requests' is ignored when delivered in a report-only policy.
(anonymous) @ content.js:60
deprecate-shim.js:33 DEPRECATION: Reopening the Ember.Component super class itself is deprecated. Consider alternatives such as installing event listeners on the document or add the customizations to specific subclasses. [deprecation id: ember.component.reopen]

I could provide more… but i just also noticed that the only change was this thing about:

…so could be this the reason ??

From Vivaldi:

User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Edit: Edit:
And strangly i just typed

Edit: and i can edit this in Vivaldi… (actuall i do right now… but it’s not updating on the preview)

Ohh an i cleared the cache deleted the cookies also used the profile security page to logout a double login with Vivaldi (there mentioned as google chrome)…

BUT this could not be send via vivaldi… so i’m back on Firefox…

So i don’t know if this is a genral issue…

Oh, I just remembered. Some time ago I had problems with vivaldi too, on this site and on the krita-artists forum. It would load but I could not click on any link at all. This happened at least with 2 different versions of the browser. Maybe vivaldi has some problems with discourse forums that bubble up now and then.

Seems to work ok in the latest chrome and Firefox. So yes, this seems specific to Vivaldi and not something for us to fix.

Yes indeed… but sadly: it worked before… ← but that’s properly the most cited sentence ever… :wink:

Okay… there is nothing to fix for BA, even nothing to worry about…
…just sharing some interesting and yet irritating info here…

Maybe this could help another user.

After the usual delete cache, delete cookies, update browser, disable addons, restart browser it worked again over the weekend and then it doesn’t works… again.… so…

Anyway: I just switched the profile in Vivaldi… and voila here i am… :exclamation:

:person_shrugging:

1 Like