Strawberry cake animation - Eevee procedural texture

Hi, I made short animation of cutting strawberry cake with Blender 2.8 beta, 100% Eevee procedural texture. It can be cut from anywhere by boolean modifier :hocho:
Hope you like this video :strawberry::cake::yum:

Fake cream animation without physics, with wave modifier

Inside of strawberry material was drawn in 3d-space by nodes. I think they materials good enough for this animation but still not perfect looks, I brush up more and more them for future works.

Cream parts and other parts were cut by different cubes, their position offset a little bit. For good results of the boolean.

Strawberry materials (for surface & for inside) They are still brushed up day by day.

Thanks for patience with my English :grinning:

:link:ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4bRNEq

111 Likes

Brilliant, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Both materials and the way you create shapes/animations with booleans are incredible! ‘Sweet’ renders as well.
It’s a bit hard to read node editor, would you mind sharing the strawberry material once you finalised?

3 Likes

this is absolutely stunning! photorealistically replicating food is truly a difficult job to do, but by sweet jove you have done it! i do like the idea of cake slices via boolean modifiers. great work!

1 Like

Wow, very impressive!!! Beautiful!!

I would love to understand how you can have a ‘different’ material when the mesh get cut out?

I saw there is two material “strawberry” and “strawberry half”

is it two meshes? one in the other? the inside and the outside?

2 Likes

so tasteful !

yummy

1 Like

@bartv @voradtras @garagefarm
Thank you for watching my work! :hugs:

@filibis
I’m thinking about publishing nodes (when they are finalised
it will take some time
) or making tutorial of more simple and more versatile version.

@Raffael
As you may know, the new face created by boolean modifier can be changed material to another one that be in next material slot.
Object for boolean (in this case ‘cube’) have to have same material in its material slot.
I can’t explain in English well. The outline how it works is like this :arrow_down:

Maybe it seems to be possible to two materials join into one material, but I’m considering which is better for handling, because the number of nodes in one material increases too much.

9 Likes

Thanks for the info I didn’t know that!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, thank you! I’m very honored :sparkles:

2 Likes

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

wow that animation is absolutely amazing! so bouncy :open_mouth:

1 Like

@bartv
Oh, thank you!! I’m so happy :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

@DNMDG
Thank you for the comment! I’ll keep getting better :blush:

1 Like

Occlusion shadows are missing from the first image in the post. Maybe it’s supposed to be this way? I think it would look better with the occulusion shadows.

Really impressive work! Its a great result on EEVEE.

@Raffael I believe the boolean modifier has an option for new faces created by cutting to use a different material slot.

top row sakura!

Please please PLEASE, would you be so kind as to re-upload those node trees as to be legible? That’s such a TEASE! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Ok, I put it out to the community here
has anyone figured out how to “reverse-engineer” the materials of strawberries like in this video (inside/outside)??

1 Like

I guess it’s a mix between 2 materials, red with some bumps and white, with a stretched gradient as factor?