Stream scene

It seems that the sky is the wrong way up, try rotating the texture round.

lol. I know it looks so but the sky is not [NOT] on the wrong side. it just looks that way because of the way the moon is fixed. got this image what i am using for the sky from these forums. I just have the texture rotated in another direction and trying to see if i can pull a type of effect in gimpshop.

[P.S] When i was about to post the sample i noticed what you guys are talking about. Gonna have that fixed in a bit. Also, ignore the colour difference in the very top of the file.

Attachments

Off the plane of reflection. When your looling at water everything above the plane is reflected back to your eye to a verying degree (depending on the waters turbulance and the amount of light). So when you have the hills sorrounding the river the hills are mirrored in the water. Not to hard to make a second mesh of the hills below the water line to be used as a relection of the hills above. You could also use the radiosity contols to do this but I’ve never used radiosity (I’m ascared…) Anyway the duplicate mesh should work just aswell and isn’t to hard to make (for a simple scene?). If you get it more complex you may want to try radiosity as the duplication gets pretty intence.

Not a bad scene. I would maybe add some rocks to the shoreline or grasses or both. There is usually a lot going on near the shore of a river (the flow brings rocks and seeds farther down stream to be planted where the water is less turbulant).

Is it me or are the trees reflected in the wrong places, some of the reflected trunks don’t seem to be touching the original. If where you stop seeing the tree is on the water line then surley the reflection should be touching the original. It is likley that you the modled trees so that they do not stick right into the water.

Attachments

ok Thank both of you. The reason why the trees are not being reflected properly are because, the ones that are not being reflected properly are not in the water, they are on the land. I just removed that mesh as to show you how the sky would look with out it in the way. I am going to stad adding rocks and stuff to the shore line, thnks :slight_smile: But first, i need to fix a problem.

I want the texture of the hills to change right before it hits the water, how do i do that properly?

Hello, finally got around to adding some grass to the scene using the fibergenerator 2.03. Fixed the sky slightly. [it is suppose to be slightly odd but more mystical.] And i have also included a second image that shows what is currently too dark to be seen. Next, i am going to add some rocks to the shoreline, once that is done, i might add something else to the scene to give it light. Wont do an ambient occulision render until final version. C&C would be greatly appricated.

Attachments

Some fireflys would be perfect for that scene, perhaps a carp or two in the water as well. Looks really nice so far, can’t wait to see the final render, keep going!!

That’s looking really nice. Great job. Looks like a great place to crack open a book (if it doesn’t start to rain first?)

Ronson2k3