Street at night

I wanted to render a scene with some atmospheric effects, so I tried to replicate a photo of a foggy street I found online.
Rendered in cycles post processing in GIMP.

Nice work! I especially like the pavement and road textures - they look spot on and work well with your lighting. Do you have the original photo for comparison?

very nice work :slight_smile:

nobody in USA, it is dream

Thats a really well done render, congratulations :slight_smile:

And thats a pretty offensive statement…

I like it :slight_smile: very atmospheric. I’ve never seen a street so flat, though I suppose it depends where you live.

Also, would be nice to credit the original photographer that you copied.

Here is the original picture. I wasn’t trying to copy 100%.
And this is a render from a different angle, even though I didn’t intend for it to be seen from this close

wow! that’s impressive work. in the original photo, there are the two small figures on the sidewalk in the distance, and i think that adds quite a bit to the mood and story-telling of the shot. it would be quite easy to add them to your composition, just as cardboard cutouts from that distance. probably would be worth it, imo :wink: but, it’s a great composition as-is.

Love it. Works really well.

Very nice work. It got me inspired to a do an image of my home town, gonna search for some pics.

One day I’ll reach that level! Haha

very nice render.must be lot of tweaking to get the lighting right.i feel it needs some small objects like crumpled paper,to complete the image.

I knew that scene looked very familiar. I’m originally from Chicago and spent a lot of time working downtown. I’m sure I’ve walked that scene many times. Then when you posted the link to the original photo it confirmed my suspicions. :slight_smile: Great work!!

Do you mind sharing your nodes?

I’m not sure which nodes you want, but here are a couple of the main shaders.
Sidewalk Shader

Road Shader

This render is a couple years old, so I’m sure I might do it a little differently now. Hope this helps!

nikitron’s statement is hardly “offensive”. Most Americans pray for an empty street sometimes - particularly in certain cities. Cause first it is so busy and second you’re knocked around like a buoy adrift and third if you’re really “lucky” you won’t be knocked over the head as someone pickpockets / robs you. Ever been to NYC - the streets get so busy that there was one time an ambulance literally had to drive down the sidewalk to get to its call because people using the crosswalk and by association the vehicles wouldn’t get out of its way.

Aside from people that’ll “die” if they don’t belong to a crowd [the sheeple], such overly crowded streets are not a “fun time” for many.

To the OP - nice image. The pavement is good, lighting good. Buildings look sort of flat in comparison. They need work.