"Strider" - PBR Game Character Model

Hi guys, just wanted to share my latest game character model :slight_smile:
I have made the HP sculpt inside Zbrush, texturing inside Substance Painter and rendering in Marmoset Toolbag.

The majority of work I`ve made in Blender 2.8, collections and multi object editing is simply a godsend.
The 2.8 features are amazing, really improved my workflow a lot! - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b1P58

48 Likes

nice work !!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

Thank you I really appreciate that :grinning:

1 Like

It looks very good! My only critique is the armor looks a little bit “plastic-ish” but it’s a great piece!

1 Like

amazing stuff! another 2.8 success story!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa thats awesome, thank you :smile:

1 Like

The original idea was that its a very advanced sythetic armor, it`s weathered and worn down. “Strider” was left behind by his planetary expedition team, and he had to surviwe on his own on a alien planet. A brand new version of this armour would be this https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GBBzN

Maybe i should have made it more plastic-ish to make it clearer :slight_smile:

1 Like

What was actually done in blender on this model?

EDIT
Nevermind, i just read your Astation post.

Very nice model! Like the mood you set with the render. DId you try an EEVEE already :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Yes i have tried it a little bit, its great. I will probably try to render one on my new projects exclusively in eevee

1 Like

Cool! PS i like your turntable, the moment it start moving is so cool!

PS is there more info about the game?

Glad you like it :slight_smile: The game is still in a concept phase and right now we (2 people) only have a basic movement system implemented, so basically there is nothing :stuck_out_tongue: The story is just a loose premise so if we will have more time and motivation we will try to work on it from time to time.

1 Like