String Theory

New abstract render.
Wanted to create something abstract and messed around with this scene for a bit till I landed on this. Rendered in Filmic Log and edited in Photoshop.

37 Likes

This is cool. I like the idea. I would turn down the DOF so we can see everything.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much man!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation last Friday, sorry for the late update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man! I appreciate your helping me throughout the years, means a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, nice work ! How did you end up with this ? Is that metaballs or particles along simples lines ? Or something else ?

Cool render ! Can you give us some details how you made it ?

It is a particle system on a circle mesh. I added more vertices to the mesh then made the particles follow those vertices in the particle system settings. I also made the circle a wireframe so they appear to be on thin threads

Sure! Made some simple spheres, added a custom material to them then placed them on a circle mesh with sub-divided vertices and made the spheres follow those vertices in the particle system. The middle sphere just has a custom material and disp texture. HDR lighting to finish it off. Photoshop actions for final look because I rendered in filmic log to have full control of the lighting and shadows in Photoshop. :slight_smile:

It`s great thanks for sharing

1 Like