Stroopwafels

Traditional Dutch treats with coffee.
Modeled and textured in Blender, rendered in Cycles, some minor post processing done in Gimp.

48 Likes

Now I’m hungry :laughing:

2 Likes

Oooh, I love those things. You did a really good job on the texturing and lighting.

3 Likes

That brings back yummy memories. :smiley:

2 Likes

smakelijk! lekker!

I had a mug just like that, and a chocomel one too!

3 Likes

@blubb123 @Charles_Weaver @piranha4D @AlphaChannel
Thank you for your comments! :smile:
This was a nostalgic piece for me to make as well, I first ate stroopwafles as a child while we were traveling in the Netherlands.

5 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate it! :smile: :sparkles:

how did you do the plastic wrapper?

2 Likes

that’s likely cloth simulation…

@Takoja also that plastic wrap is slightly a bit too thick, it should be more thin, maybe about 0.3 mm or so…

also that plastis shader for this looks a little off, it looks more like thin glass rather than plastic, maybe you have to play with the IOR or something, you gotta seek more references about that…

2 Likes

Fantastic work! God bless you! It makes me all warm inside just looking at it! By the way, that cellophane effect really makes the scene pop :star_struck:

1 Like

@BaidDSB @MichaelBenDavid Thank you for your comments!
Yes, that’s a cloth simulation which I compressed at the top with a torus object.
Looking back at it, I think the cloth simulation produced too soft and big folds, which is the main factor that makes the plastic look a little too thick. The IOR settings also aren’t ideal, you’re right about that. I’ll keep that in mind in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, that’s nice to hear! :smile: