Struggling to export to Unreal Engine

Something like move to collections option after right clicking on mesh

1 Like

I still get the ā€œCould not find an open Unreal Editor instanceā€

I looked up what Marquee select was and it said something like press B, so I did over all my parts and dragged it into the mesh folder provided by the plugin but it still wonā€™t work, I wonder what I am doing wrong.

You have a new level open to send the meshes to?

Double check the vid for all those options and plugins then restart

1 Like

Hope you can get it to work!

1 Like

It still doesnā€™t work I tried it with a fresh new empty Unreal Project and a fresh new Blender scene with just a cube.

Thanks for helping me though. Iā€™ll find it out eventually.

Darn. Very frustrating! Sorry bud.

You checked that one option that allows for remote access (or something like that) in Ue4 so blender can send it over?

Not sure what else it can be

Grrrr

1 Like

You mean the fire wall thing that popped up in the video? I never got a pop up, Iā€™m using AVG and I disabled my web shield for 10 minutes and I still got the same problem.

Also I enabled the remote python thingy in the project settings and disabled the cpu setting in editor preferences.

Blender keeps thinking that I donā€™t have an unreal editor open and Iā€™m struggling to find people with similar problems. Iā€™ll mark you as a solution, then Iā€™ll come up with a solution to replace it.

Thanks, your a legend for helping me.

It was the python remote thingy i was referring to

I never got those popups either that they showed in the video

Wonder what else it could be?

What blender version are you using? Wonder if you try the one prior to the latest???

1 Like

Iā€™m running it from steam, so its the latest, I think 2.90.1.

Why from steam? Can you just download from blender.org and install?

Just curious

1 Like

I run it from steam because its also free from there and it automatically updates, I think I have an older version of blender on my pc somewhere. Iā€™m in bed right now so I will have to check tomorrow.

Goodnight sleep tight

Lol

1 Like

Thanks I can never sleep straight away so I just end up reading maybe a few pages of this before I finally manage to go to sleep lol.

1 Like

I tried Blender version 2.90.0 and it still didnā€™t work on there, I told my teacher that I was struggling with putting my model in Unreal Engine and he said we arenā€™t making a game ready asset and that I should focus on Unwrapping my UVs and texturing it in Substance painter, but canā€™t I do it in Blender instead?, I saw a few tutorials on UVs and texturing in Blender today.

Will I have to remove all the materials from my model before I start texturing? Sorry to be a bother.

Hey donā€™t worry about it. Who knows, Iā€™m sure it will help someone out there. Good luck and take care.

1 Like

Did you find the solution? because I am facing the same problem now.

1 Like

Oh no I never did, but I can try and help you if you want, maybe we can both learn how to fix it together or something lol

Finally, I found the solution, just UNINSTALL the Avast from your computerā€¦ like this video

I donā€™t have avast and how would that fix the problem?

I think Avast and the protection programs prevent this kind of communication between the two software in terms of security of course ā€¦ Just uninstall any third-party security software you have.