Study on generating various tiles in the geo nodes

Hello,
here is the result of my two months’ study on geometry nodes. What started as a small node tree turned out to be a complex generator for pavements, wall claddings and roof tiles. This is also my first project and image in Blender (I have a background in another 3D software and have been watching Blender for many years). I am really surprised by how powerful and addictive Blender is… :wink:

thanks to: cycles/maxtree free foliage/geo nodes and great help on this forum

and some screenshots:

if interested, here is the tile generator used:
ARCH TILER for bender 4.0.2 [pavement, wall and roof tile generator] (gumroad.com)

56 Likes

Addictive is the word, but wait till you get into simulations. Awesome work!

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Bart;) have a great one too!

1 Like

Your picture is addictive. I keep looking at it. Interesting use of nodes but this picture is great!

Long ago in a CG forum far far away there was a challenge with the theme “city without streets”. This would be a great entry.

Thanks, it is just computer generated ramdomness, but the result surprised me, reminds me some utopic urbanistic designs. :wink: The intention here was just to create some fast environment to benchmark the tile generator.

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Here just some further testing in blender, originaly used the AgX, now here is animation testing the ACEScg https://youtu.be/TFPsBXa3duM

I can hear Troy scream in the distance :joy:

3 Likes

Really cool!
Reminds me this Francisco Rivero painting.
2024-01-24 02_57_54-El color de los andes_ El cubismo y la pintura del paisaje

2 Likes