stupid viruses...please help

sigh I can’t help it, mercy is a virtue…

READ THESE:
http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1643

MIND YOUR MOM, LEARN YOUR PC’S OPERATING SYSTEM, WATCH FEWER CARTOONS, PLAY FEWER (ILLEGAL?) VIDEO GAMES.

Then, when you think you are ready, hack the programs yourself.

So I’ll have to agree with people on a few accounts…DON’T HACK STUFF UNLESS YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT (still don’t do it).

Definitely try safe mode and then…do you have anything important on your hard disk? If you really don’t have anything non-replaceable just format the disk. If you do…install Linux (cuz dat’s wat the other guys says :slight_smile: )

-Funddevi

.DON’T HACK STUFF UNLESS YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT (still don’t do it).

Ahem
Hacking and cracking are two different things. Whether hacking is legal or not depends on the programs EULA. Cracking is not, it is really stealing.

Ah, don’t crack then. Still don’t hack unless you know how to do it though.

-Funddevi

i dont get why u people think im stupid

f ure gonna say stupid unusful things just dont say it

Sometimes if you wait, he’ll top himself. -Hobbes.

Im not saying you need to give more info, and no one is treating you like you’re stupid(tho we’re all thinking your judgment was definitely bad). Relax.

As for the McAfee issue: Sometimes viruses are super smart, smarter than whoever is using the computer, even smarter than the ‘Virus Protection’ said person has installed. Hackers are sneaky like that. If everything is suddenly locking you out and you didn’t set your computer to do so, chances are its a virus.

Ach. :no:
Just be careful. You should also take the time to write cohesive posts. :rolleyes:

If you can’t fix it, boot up in a Linux live CD and scan the files that you want to keep with antivirus software. Then you can copy them to another drive. At this point you should just reinstall windows, or even better, GNU/Linux or BSD.

If everything is suddenly locking you out and you didn’t set your computer to do so, chances are its a virus.

Or a trojan or shudder a rootkit, those are really hard to find and get rid of. I am not so sure that even reinstalling windows can remove them all.

i love calvin and Hobbes. If thats what your talking about. Anyway i got it fixed. I went into safe-mode then i choose system restore, to yesterday, and its done. Sorry for wasting all your time, and, for me acting like an idiot. I know there is no excuse, but I kinda had to rush before i got caught by my parents. anyway thanks again for all the help, and once again I’m sorry for being/acting like an idiot. To make you guys happy i made this post perfect :smiley: :p.(grammar wise)

Calvin and Hobbes is a brilliant comic :slight_smile:

Glad you got it all worked out. You ‘acting like an idiot’ didn’t really happen here, it happened when you downloaded the hack/patch/crack/whatever. You really need to make sure whatever you’re downloading is legit and wont hurt your computer,and many times the safest thing to do is stay away.

Good luck bro, peace! :slight_smile:

Try capitalizing the first word in a sentence. And the term ‘I’ must always be capitalized.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a few thoughts…

(1) Don’t use your computer as an “Administrator” and don’t run any software that requires you to be one.

(2) Set up a separate user, perhaps a “power user,” that you use for installing application software.

(3) Set up a dumb-as-toast limited user for playing. If you do things right, the only thing that the game can affect is “its things,” and your worst-case scenario is that you can just blow that user-id away.

(4) Every legitimate vendor provides one known-good legitimate way to update their stuff: Windows Update, Software Update, or what-have-you. Do not respond to prompts asking you for an administrative password: instead, log on as that administrator.

(5) Use sensible passwords, and always use them.

(6) Microsoft provides a great backup tool, and so does Apple. All of these tools build incremental backups and keep them in a safe place. USB/Firewire external disk drives are big and cheap.

You don’t have to regard rogue-programs as “a fact of life that you must deal with.” Computers do not “get sick.” They do not have to be “immunized.” The people who write rogue programs take advantage of ignorance, carelessness, naiivete, and even greed. Inform yourself.

Update utorrent or it will destroy your ntfs partition.

Good stuff - glad you go it sorted out.

forumW bro, dont use torrents, their filled with shit, on forumW you just write whatever you want, and select one with the most replies.
READ THE REPLIES

if no one says there’s a virus and it has bout 7 replies or more chances are it’s safe, but still be careful cause if its a new file it can have sleeper cells which activate weeks or even months later

btw you know me, this will give you a hint lmao
{Vageesh}

Glad it’s all worked out. This thread is locked now because it has served its purpose and it’s perilously close to becoming some sort of argument instead.