Style development for comic

Edit:
The artwork got featured on BlenderNation, you can see the behind the scene here:

I’ve been working on a non photo realistic style for a comic and ended up with this style. Tested on a character of the comic, it render pretty fast, what do you think?

For reference, here is a realistic render

93 Likes

I think this is great… nice work! Would you mind sharing the shader setup?

I think this came out AWESOME. Has both a realistic and cartoon/cel shader feel which is unique. Good job! Of course, we would all love to see the shader setup, but you worked hard on this so understand if you want to keep it secret :slight_smile:

I’m making the video tutorials for this style, part 1 is out now:
Tutorial here

5 Likes

look like a Tell-Tale series’ character lol😂…

Liking this style a lot!

wooow she looks so cool!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very good. Only thing that looks a bit odd is where the hairline starts. Can you make it softer?

Oh man, that’s super cool! Thanks for making that tutorial, I’m really interested in hearing more about your process.

I tried to use the transparent but it caused problems with the outline. At the moment I still have no solution for the root of the hair.

lovely! would like to see more …

So cool!
Great job! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

very nice render may i ask what materials/shaders you used on the character? they look like toon sharders, idk.

Yes I used the toon shader

Wicked! Going to check out the tutorial now…

wow very nice :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

This is amazing! Good work! I’ve enjoyed the first video and look forward to the skin shader. The rest of the videos in your channel look incredible as well, and I can’t wait to watch them all.

nice work!!