Stylized '59er Cadillac Eldorado

Hello Blenderartist Community,

I am looking for general feedback on my Cady. It’s a stylized car based on a '59 Cadillac Eldorado, and I would like to hear your opinion on it. Since I don’t have much experience with Blender or 3D editing, I’d appreciate any tips!

First of all, I would like to mention what I want to use the model for. It is actually intended for artwork, i.e. individual images, but I also have a general interest in 3D, so the feedback may be a little more detailed and also include other aspects of 3D.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Here are a few more specific questions:

• What about mesh and edge flow improvements (I’ve taken to ignoring some n-gons on this project. I’ve heard in some videos that it’s okay to do this on hard-surface if the surface allows it and there are no shading issues)
  • How would you optimize the mesh so that you can also offer something like this on sites like Sketchfab?
  • In terms of polygons, is there a way to check if gross errors have been made? Or do you also look at Sketchfab to see what others are creating?
  • I heard somewhere (in YouTube videos) that an even distribution of quads is good. However, I found the hood, for example, with more details nicer (sexy curves, hehe), while larger parts from the chassis to the reer don’t need to be as detailed and therefore have fewer quads. Is that a problem?
  • In the beginning, I tried to model everything as one coherent object. This quickly became very complex, especially with bumpers. At some point, I switched to simply having several objects that together create this shape (non-joint). Are there any scenarios where this could be problematic?

Thanks!

2 Likes