Su-27UB - Over Forest

I’m loving Blender’s geonodes scatter performance, rendered one of the Su-27UBs I made working on an unfinished project over 7.8 billion polygons of trees and it only took 7min for a 4K image at 128 samples on a 2070 desktop. Can’t believe we’re here. Will add some shots when I finish the project.

51 Likes

I really love it !

Great work and keep going :100:

1 Like

Cheers Kazrarr means a lot!

1 Like

Woha, this must be one of the best airplane renders I’ve seen around here! Paintjob, vegetation and afterburner exaust make for a striking color palette.
And the lighting is great too.
Is there a less tightly cropped version either, maybe?

greetings, Kologe

1 Like

Outstanding aircraft and render! I would really like to see the plane from more angles.

1 Like

Looks good!

Although just a thought presentation wise, I would’ve pushed the low level aspect a bit further by also adding a slight leading edge “vape cape” in order too enhance a more dramatic head-on effect, since forests do generate low pressure moist conditions plus you’ve already included vapor trails on the wingtips.

1 Like

Great insite sacboi I really appreciate that, I just slapped this under 10min since I was already using the assets for the project but your comment is inspiring and since I was planning to add more shots and polish the terrain more, I will fix everything you commented on and more to go on AIStation at 4K😂

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Always an honour!

1 Like

Looks very realistic, well done on this one.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like