sub

http://www.nomiloth.com/sub01.jpg

a submarine which slightly resembles a steam locomotion, in an underwater hallway. modelled and rendered in blender and some post.

well… any comments? (besides that the bubbles are complete crap :wink: )

krabat

p.s.: best wishes to the blender foundation…

Wow really good!
8) 8)
bubbles apart :slight_smile:

kino

Hey that’s cool
Can you lighten it up a bit to show the model off more clearly?

Chuck

http://www.nomiloth.com/submodel01.jpg

the model of the sub from different angles, no textures, no post… and lightened up :wink:

krabat

p.s.: it does lack some atmosphere this way…

A very simple model, buit in the scene, that kicks some serious arse man! :o

Very nice composition in the final render there.

BgDM

I’ll have to agree with BgDM
Good job

Chuck

thank you very much, self-confidence here i come :wink:

krabat

p.s.: you yourselves have got some serious cool pieces of art on your websites… bgdm’s “on the haunt contest II” picture is stunning and snailrose’s “rose”… wow! @ kino3d: “coccinella” is absolutely awesom…

Nice composition, model is simple but atmosphere is great.

I like the bubbles… it is the halo lights in the engine I don’t like much. Too white, too blocky, and then a submarine should have propellers…

Stefano

tre’cool.yhe atmosphere is great.i wonder what a fake watercaustics map onyour lighting would do?nice work

rixtr

thank you :slight_smile:
thank’s to take the time to visit my site.

The ambience and the model in your image
remember me some scenes from ‘The Incredible tide’ by Miyazaki.
Waiting for other cool images from you 8)

Ciao

It have propeller…the bubble come from there…and the halo light are light in front of the sub…I think you inverse it… :-? sorry if I am wrong… Cool atmosphere…It look like a movie! :smiley:

It have propeller…the bubble come from there…and the halo light are light in front of the sub…I think you inverse it… :-? [/quote]

Yup.

I inverted it :frowning:

Stefano

i’ll think i’ll try using caustics, as rixtr66 proposed. should improve the impression of an underwater enviroment.
fiddled around with a bit of bmrt, too, but the crispy textures all got lost on the export… :frowning: and developing new ones that fit with shaderman ist quite a hard piece of work…
@s68: my girlfriend thought it was a hamster on a box… (just don’t ask me…) :wink:

krabat

Beautiful underwater scene. You should use fake caustic lighting there… it worked a lot on mine around one year ago. I’ll write a tutorial if you need it? I still remember my technique.