Sublender: Substance for Blender(live update and parameters support)

You are using the 2019 version of sat, the api changed in 2020. is it possible for you to use the 2020 version? If not, I will try to make a 2019 compatible sublender(but it may take one or two days :relaxed:)

(Since we both speaks Chinese, why don’t we use Chinese :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

Okay Got it

I only have the license of 2019 version, so I might wait for the 2019 version.

Thanks

I will notify you when it’s done. Make sure you can receive email from Gumroad or me([email protected])

Okay that sounds cool

I bought this add-on from Gumroad, thought it should send the mail to me

really looking forward this cool plugin

thanks again

Hey I’ve sent the updated sublender for you to test with throgh email(the email start with level is you right?)

Yes~~

so soon~~I’ll test it immediately

thanks again

Thanks

It works perfectly!
It’s really nice add-on!!

Yes I reinstalled and it seems to be correct right now, maybe was a cache problem or something. Really nice update and thank you for my name in credits :slight_smile:

I Was wondering, at this moment it’s possible to create a custom profile? I noticed you made a cool presets system using JSON

It’s possible, but it is hard~~, I’m planning a feature to generate template based on Blender Material, thus we can edit as we like and generate it automatically.

If you want to try make one yourself, you can extend an existing template. The sublender will load the template while blender starting.
And here is how to get the type of a node with python console:

Hi xVanTuring

after I tested this add-on, I’m wondering, by any chance using the “real procedure” parameters nodes from substance to blender rather than exporting textures and using them? Like substance to Unreal engine.

In my case, I’m working on a large scale scene project. The textures cost lots of ram or Vram when rendering. If I can use real procedure like substance node really into blender that will very low ram cost, any idea?

thanks

I don’t understand you, here is what I got after loading a sbsar into unreal engine, it seems that it’ using the textures directly rendered after importing.

What’s you steps? I’m actually not similar with substance in Unreal Engine

And also for rendering large scene, there are a lot tutorials on how to optimize a rendering of large scene. like this article from blenderguru

Okay thank for your info~

Now I aware that substance plugin export textures to other app in the end.

also thanks for the tutorial ~

There’s not. The procedural generation from SD uses own Substance engine and Substance didn’t release an official plugin for Blender, due Blender’s license.UE4 however has. This is a Workaround using the Substance Automation Tool which is a HUGE time saver. These limitations are not bonded to xVanTuring addon. But this is the faster and better workflow with SD and Blender.

Hey, just want to say I’ve uploaded a testing version v0.1.5, please check it out. :grin:

1 Like

wow, this looks great, I’ve been waiting for this for a while!! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Get it now with 30% off (code:sublender) on gumroad :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If you have any problem, don’t hesitate asking me :yum:

thanks, will do!

Hey guys, I made a small doc page for sublender hosted on github, you can also issues problems there if you have a github account. :slightly_smiling_face: