Sublender: Substance for Blender(live update and parameters support)

I Was testing this for a while and I liked a lot, it’s gaining form and that output selector is wonderful when you need to rebake only one texture. Good, and I’m really happy you heard my suggestions.

I found one problem only, the heightmap was linked to a normal input, should be on heigth. Easily fixable with your workflow customization. :slight_smile:

"Mapping.Vector/height.Vector",
        "height.Color/Displacement.Height",
        "Displacement.Displacement/Material Output.Displacement"
    ],

heigh

Hey guys, blender 2.83 is out!
If you want to use it with sublender, you will need to re-install pysbs.zip for 2.83 and also install with admin permission on windows, otherwise it might not find the pysbs package(weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

Update for Output Panel:
Annotation 2020-06-04 170809
You can now delete a texture, open texture folder, add texture node into material… easily :grin:

1 Like

I feel like a free version of this with limited options would be a great way to promote this!
I know how much work that is (i’m programming myself for a living) but i would expect it to work out great!!

BTW id love to promote this on my yt channel (DevilFX Lasse F.) I may not have the biggest reach but i guess publicity is publicity :smiley:

It’ll be great if you can make a video about sublender, I was planning to make one, but I can’t really speak English fluently :upside_down_face:. About the free limited version, well, sublender really doesn’t have much features there, I guess I can provide some discount code with 50% off for your YouTube channel, how about that?

I use the plugin to import sbsar, but the material is all black, what happened?

Is it possible for you to provide the sbsar file for me to debug?

Already sent you a private letter

Previous Problem Solved.

30% off ended? :thinking:

Yes, it’s only for beta version :upside_down_face:, so I change it to 10% now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had some issues with certain tiled materials like “Bricks Bond Variations” and “Ceramic Tiles Blanched Almond

the results don’t seem to tile properly.

Like this?

yeah thats exactly what i get, i also feel like the color variations aren’t right, but that might just be color processing differences between this and what i get in unity.

If that is your case, it is not caused by sublender, it’ caused by sbsar itself. See the result in substance player. increasing size will help

below is 1k x 1k, looks fine

Oh so it might be a resolution thing?

checking in unity yeah it seems i use 1024 in there too.

Alright fair enough.

Another thing thats odd, shouldn’t the normals default to OpenGL?

I’m also realizing the normals seem backwards.

That’s not controlled by sublender, it’s impossible to know what normal format sbsar output default. Some sbsar provide Normal Format Option in Advance Parameters Group, this is what you should be looking for. If a sbsar does not have such option, simply use 3 nodes to convert(see the image, just invert the G channel)

Yeah that makes sense, perhaps you could make a setting to have that material adjusted at default? I imagine people may not notice that at first. Cause i certainly didn’t until i looked at it again today.

Or perhaps some kind of warning.

Sounds good, I was planning to do so, I’ll write it into sublender_doc first :grinning:

2 Likes