Suggestions for Clothing - Goku

Hey guys I am currently making a model of chibi Goku from DBZ. (I’m sure most of you are familiar with the character:D). Just started on him using reference pics. I am not sure how many of you saw my shredder posting (still fixing him XD), but I was going to approach Goku the same lazy way by having the entire mesh include his clothing and boots and such. Needed some suggestions on keeping the clothing separate or that’s even a way of doing it. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, keep on Blending…:cool:.

Here are two shots of what I am working on:

Attachments

Alright, first of all, if you are going to use Goku in an animation, you might want to use the cloth simulator. But, of course, if you want him to be cartoony, you can take the same approach you took last time. By the way, I think this would be a very fun idea for a game and, where in the world did you get those reference pics, because I was also going to model him.

YoungApprentice beat me to it; where did you find the pics?! I’ve been searching for dbz/ pokemon reference pics like crazy for the past two weeks. =P As for clothing, I would probably go for eather Classic (Young Goku/ training under Master Roshi/ DragonBall) or his GT outfit (the blue one).

lol that’s pretty funny, but to be honest i gotta get back to you guys on that one. jus keep searching =P, didn’t take too long to come across. Many thanks for your help, probably try’em both ways as you mentioned Young. I’ll get the references to ya asap. Thanks again :cool:.

-jj

To do clothing - I make the mesh first with no clothing. Then copy the mesh. Alt-S - enlarge it. Then delete the vertices you don’t need. Tweak the vertices into something that will UV wrap easier.

This is based on a tutorial I downloaded sometime ago - you may wish to search for this tutorial. It’s called how to do cloth or something.

The tutorial is my bible.

Lol, I only now realized I completely missed the point of your question regarding clothes xD Sorry JoTa J =P As for the few times I’ve tried it, I kept the clothing seperate so it would be easier to adapt if necessary.