Summer Afternoon - Animated Short Film

Hi, I would like to share with you my latest scene, it took me al lot time to make, especially for the texturing and the fact that I used Pyton for the first time to create the animation (I already had some programming skill)

If you have any question feel free to ask, I’ll try to reply at my best

https://vimeo.com/324979847

Based on a Chanin Suasungnern illustration :

Modelled/animated in Blender and painted in Affinity Photo and Blender

Support me :

Font used in the popup :

The background sound was created using this app :

11 Likes

this is really impressive !!!

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

there is only one that i really want to ask for now
are the textures shadless ?

yes, all the light/shadow was painted

1 Like

thats smart !!!

1 Like

I think that would probably impossibile achieve this result using normal lights

1 Like

Everything that you’ve done is great, it’s just that… the animation of the text balloons. If you didn’t have these it would be a really nice still image and Scatchfab scene - however with them it’s like she’s texting without every looking at her phone and remaining motionless, and this is bugging me a little. Unfortunately, you don’t have the scene set up in a way that allows you to animate… if she turns her head, the lights on her face and hair will turn with her. I guess this could be fixed with multiple textures -
maybe not in scetchfab.

I’m not really good at animating stuff so I was scared to do a mess, I only tried to animate her hair using the Shape Keys, but the result was really artificial, so I decided to keep most of the scene static.

That’s fair enough. Like I said - this is great as a still image or sketchfab scene, and I shouldn’t critisise it for what it’s not.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

This is really cool!

1 Like