Summer Days

Hey, I want to share a comfy animation I’ve been working on for the last 2 months check it out:

Some stills I like:

52 Likes

That’s amazing! I bumped your user level, please go ahead and add some more imagery :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It took you only 2 months? :open_mouth: With modeling and texturing or only animation part? Really nice style :strawberry:

1 Like

Wow, nice work! Welcome to BA!

1 Like

Welcome to BA! :confetti_ball:

That’s superb; a lovely slice of life.

1 Like

The characters I made a while ago and have used them in many animations, same with shaders and a couple of objects like trees and the car. I try to reuse as much as I can and a lot of objects appear multiple times just slightly altered.

1 Like

looks great, are the environments 3D, 2D, or a mix of both? It all blends so well

3D objects with texture painting and also multiple planes with transparent textures on them so I can get more control, skies are just painted and I also have transparent textures in front of the camera to get different effects based on the shot. There’s a little bit of grease pencil in there too.

7 Likes

Very cool, great sound design too.

1 Like

The animation is very nice but something about the music just ruins it on my end, the music is all warbled like an LP where the motor speed control is dying…
Summer-Days.rar (216.6 KB)
grabbed a snippet of it to explain…

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Man, Outstanding animation and characters. really enjoy the music and sound effect touches.
The cityscape, skies (particularly) and the scenes are good-to-go.
Very Enjoyable.

1 Like

Like the style very much and how you paid attention on things like: keeping a moving cam on ones while keep the cartoonish framerate.

2 Likes

Great animation, IMO. Characters very well illustrated even with their emotions! It’s cool :muscle: Yet can’t get clear if something wrong with my player or music sounds made up like a “slow mode”

1 Like

OK,OK, … gotta add one more thing! … Goat boy/girl can really work that mountain bike! …

There, done.

1 Like

Very nice work. Road bikes for the win!
Not bad on the turns, as an animator who does a lot of cycling/bikes animation I know how hard it can be to nail the apex of both wheels. It’s never as easy as setting a follow path constraint. :laughing::nerd_face:

Excellent and with a very cool synchronized music, it is more strong. Stand on this way of production, you’re very well welcome in your community. Congratulations and thanks for sharing !
emoji 4 feliz pixio