Sunset at Casa Vermelha

“Another fine evening at the Casa Vermelha on top of the hill. Sunset, beer, guitar, and drums. Monkeys, rabbits, birds, and cats. Maybe you should stop by, too?”

My first 3D piece.
I’ll be dropping a wallpaper soon.

W: markopor.com
F: facebook.com/marko.por

21 Likes

wow can’t believe more people haven’t commented on this. Looks very good!

SandraDau, thanks a lot for your kind words, I’m glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Wow :scream: love that
Good job

thanks mate! :slight_smile:

Man, I love the mood! Btw, could you show me the wireframes? And was it in Blender 2.8? Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks Lucas! :slight_smile: Yeah, sure, here it’s:

It’s more or less simple shapes with some subdivision and displacement… and the secret ingredient - ClayDoh shader :slight_smile:

Blender v2.79

Looks pretty good, thanks :slight_smile:

Did you use a displacement in nodes as well? By that I mean, a texture connected to the " displacement " output. Like this:

I asked you about the version because my lowpoly renders are kind of similar to this one, clay appearance ( and the process is pretty much the same you used, subdivison and displacement ). But I used to add a texture as a complement, just like the image I showed. Although when I try to repeat it in Blender 2.8 I’ve been having some problems… it kind of “demands” more subdivisions than I’d use in 2.79 to get the same result, otherwise it would get too deformed.

Here’s a model with the same settings. First in 2.79 and then 2.8:

Thanks anyways.

Here’re my nodes, very simple:

Thanks for the info on the Blender version, I’ll stick to 2.79 :slight_smile:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Sweet, thanks! :slight_smile: You too Bart, cheers!

1 Like

Read about the creation of this scene on BlenderNation: