Sunset

A couple days ago I saw an awesome photo of a sunset and it inspired me to make one with Blender! I made the water longer as some people suggested and did a few other things; however, I didn’t like the look of it after that so I scrapped that. I did make one small change though. I added to the glare of the sun just a little to make a certain “ring” stand out more. Either way I still like both renders.

Attachments

I really like the colors you have going on here. The water also looks pretty good. However, I think the horizon is too distinct which makes it look too close. Obviously we can’t simulate oceans to that great of lengths. See if you can find a way to make it look like the water stretched out further (eg. scaling another set of waves behind this one to give the illusion of more distance) IDK, that’s just my take on it.

I agree with hartj, colors are really beautiful here.
you can try to lower the POV to accentuate the perspective, or add some more water, or a mist effect…
But I like the simplicity of it alot.

disregard this post

I agree with hartj, colors are really beautiful here.
you can try to lower the POV to accentuate the perspective, or add some more water, or a mist effect…
But I like the simplicity of it alot.

Thank you so much!

I really like the colors you have going on here. The water also looks pretty good. However, I think the horizon is too distinct which makes it look too close. Obviously we can’t simulate oceans to that great of lengths. See if you can find a way to make it look like the water stretched out further (eg. scaling another set of waves behind this one to give the illusion of more distance) IDK, that’s just my take on it.

Hey thanks! Thanks also for the tip; I was a little unsure about that myself actually so I’m glad you pointed that out. I’ll post a pic later on this thread when I adjust that.

Today, I found a way to extend the ocean without taking up all my memory; so, I re-rendered this image. I also tweaked it a bit and added some blur.

And since this image was mainly made by using the compositor, I thought I’d include a picture of my node setup (it was very unorganized at first lol so I straightened things up a bit).
~

Attachments

looks much better now ;d

Thank you!