Survivor - Freedom or death

“You wanted this land, so now mix with it”
“Ти хотів землі цієї, тож тепер змішайся з нею”
Based on concept art from Mihai Tymoshenko - https://www.artstation.com/mihaitymoshenko (But I changed it to my own taste).

You can see additional video on artstation
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qnk4KL
Inspired by the armed forces of Ukraine.

For me this is quite personal artwork, for me war started in 2014 year. I am originally from Luhansk region. At that time I did not fully understand what has happened, I was too young I guess. I am happy I was smart enough to not fully belive russian propaganda as some people around me. My University splited on two parts - the one who suported building republic and the one who suported Ukraine. Teachers who suported Ukraine moved to controled by Ukraine territories and made Ukrainian branch of the University. I wanted Ukrainian diploma and to take that I needed to took my documents from dean’s office. At first they tried to convince me that a republic should be built, that there are Nazis in Ukraine. When they realized that it was impossible to convince me and my friends not to leave, they started threatening. They said that we should be sent “to the basement” where we will be taught “to love” the republic. I am glad that these turned out to be empty threats and I managed to collect my education documents. Then I finished my study remotely and get Ukrainian diploma(I was in my last year and all I had to do was graduate. Therefore, remote was possible). I moved to Kyiv in 2015 to live in a civilized world. Did not see a single Nazi in 7 years and did not feel any pressure for speaking russian. The same for my brother and other friends who moved to Ukraine controled territories. The amount of lies on the Russian news is horrific. The worst thing is that I have classmates who believe Russia news.
Russia organized this in 2014, and now it openly attacked us. Now it is more difficult for Russia to lie that Ukraine fought for 8 years with miners and not with Russians who surreptitiously acted in the occupied territories + brainwashed people that they controlled. (My classmate personally saw the Russian military in the occupied territories before a full-scale invasion). This is just my small story to show you the situation.
Thanks to the Ukrainian army, we have a chance to live in a free country.
You can make donations to volunteers to save lives, or at least resist Russian propaganda with a word.
Thanks for your time, keep yourself safe.

7 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like